Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Pre-race carb load pasta fest meet-up thing (Read 659 times)

Hoodoo Guru

I need some feedback.  Where to eat the night before the race.  Does anybody have a preference?  Does anyone have a new place to suggest?

Poppys last year was a little out of the way, and I didn't like the styrofoam plates and plastic cutlery.

Savarino's (the upstairs room where we were for a couple of years) means I have to deal with Corado, the owner.  Despite the business we bring, he never seems happy to have us.  I can deal with that.

Spaghetti Factory can't do a group our size at dinner time (4pm-8pm) but can cater for about $10 a head if we have a place.

May have more people this year due to a larger field.

Any thoughts? From anyone?  It's OK to say you hated these places.  Or hate me.  Or hate Trent.

The tangents are moot.

DoppleBock

I will not be there this year - Can I have mine delivered to the Micro-Tel

... Just kidding - But yes since I am driving 10 hours, I will not be there for pre-race dinner.  

I did take Monday off and do plan on being at post race dinner / drink fest 

I need some feedback.  Where to eat the night before the race.  Does anybody have a preference?  Does anyone have a new place to suggest?

Poppys last year was a little out of the way, and I didn't like the styrofoam plates and plastic cutlery.

Savarino's (the upstairs room where we were for a couple of years) means I have to deal with Corado, the owner.  Despite the business we bring, he never seems happy to have us.  I can deal with that.

Spaghetti Factory can't do a group our size at dinner time (4pm-8pm) but can cater for about $10 a head if we have a place.

May have more people this year due to a larger field.

Any thoughts? From anyone?  It's OK to say you hated these places.  Or hate me.  Or hate Trent.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

xor

I love lamp.

Honestly, I probably won't make it back from Huntsville in time, but maybe I will, so really... hey, it doesn't matter.  Dealing with people who don't seem to want our business is yuck though.

I hear there's a nice sportsbar across the street from where many of us will be staying...

(joke)

I appreciate your work on this, Dallas.   I agree that last year's place was too far away and the pasta swimming in the luke-warm water was a little yucky.

Let me think of some options.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Elly.

How about Caesar's on White Bridge Road?  I'm not a big Italian aficionado, but it meets the bill for for pizza and pasta.  It is also relatively close in Belle Meade.  (It's not Lil Caesars pizza take out). 

Maybe someone skinny ..... Dallas, Karen....can try it out!

http://caesarsitaliano.ypguides.net/

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

What about Amerigo?  They have a back room.

Kira said Caesar's closed.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

How about Caesar's on White Bridge Road? 

Caesar's has a new owner, and it truly sucks now.

mta: Hmm. Maybe that's why it closed.

xor

We did not praise him, so we buried him.

(alternate version specific to me: I did not praise him enough, so he buried me)

Hoodoo Guru

We met at Caesars one year.  We had their biggest room which fit 35 people.  They gave us one waitress. Service was a little slow.

I will check them out again, and will check Amerigo's also.

Keep the ideas coming.

The tangents are moot.

Hoodoo Guru

We did not praise him, so we buried him.

(alternate version specific to me: I did not praise him enough, so he buried me)

Sheesh.  Now I want to de-pants you.

The tangents are moot.

xor

You and DB each grab a leg.

But depants... don't wishbone.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

We tried Amerigo a couple years ago.  They did not have a space or a good price.

Elly.

We tried Amerigo a couple years ago.  They did not have a space or a good price.

What do you expect from a bunch of Republicans. 

Hoodoo Guru

Oh yeah, that's right. 

The tangents are moot.

Elly.

I'm not sure if they are big enough...but DaVinci's Pizza on 19th & Hayes.  They have nice pies.