Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Is this Monkey Training? (Read 617 times)

S&M Collector

Now, let's not get too ambitious, Thunder. I was just sort of kidding about all that stuff I just said. I'm too tired to run today. Wink MTA: That, and it's windy out there. Smile Actually, I feel like I should run today......yet I shouldn't, if that makes any sense.
    Come across any cool medals lately?

The Greatest of All Time

Marcus - thanks again for the input...and dude, you've done an Ironman, so you don't have to "humbly" suggest anything - I'm glad to get your advice. You gotta know something about this stuff to have done an Ironman!
      I appreciate that comment Tony. But I try to hold back on pontificating because I am no expert. I have listened and read enough over the years to understand systems or methods. But I have always tailored them to fit my goals and talent level. What works for me will probably not work for you, but the basics apply to everyone.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

The Thunder

I appreciate that comment Tony. But I try to hold back on pontificating because I am no expert. I have listened and read enough over the years to understand systems or methods. But I have always tailored them to fit my goals and talent level. What works for me will probably not work for you, but the basics apply to everyone.
        If it looks like an expert, sounds like an expert, it's probably an expert!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Thanks for the advice! I do enjoy my runs, and I don't take them for granted. I'm not like "this one's for the monkey" Big grin It's only when I look at my log summary that I get a little nervous. Blush I may not have weekly mileage that I want, but I will have friends to run with....I know that will go a long way when things start getting really tough Smile The long plane ride home on the 24th is a different story.....ice is still free on flights, isn't it?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Imminent Catastrophe

... The long plane ride home on the 24th is a different story.....ice is still free on flights, isn't it?
            Stay hydrated, try to get an aisle seat so you can get up and walk a bit, and use saline nasal spray (this applies to the flight out as well).

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016