I don't wanna see
    your shadow no more
    I know your eyes can hypnotize
    Sparkle someone else's eyes

Now monkey
    I said get away
    Flying Monkey
    listen when I say

- Monkey Dallas has come up with a place for us to eat monkey eve, cheap and yummy.  RSVP and pricing details to come, but it should be cheap.  However, in the meantime, this is the place: Poppy's Pizza, 1209 N Mount Juliet Rd, Mt Juliet, TN 37122; http://www.yelp.com/biz/poppys-pizza-mt-juliet .

- As before, we are hoping to provide lemon lime gatorade to you about 18 times, and energy gels too. Hopefully GU brand. And beer after the race from Yazoo, it appears. So bring your ID to have after the race if you want to drink.

- One of the great things about Monkey is the awesome food everybody (runners, volunteers, fans) brings for the postrace smorgasbord.  I plan to bake some 10 home made pumpkin pies from scratch.  I plan even to mix and grind the pie spices myself.  What will you bring?

- We will NOT be using racing chips, B-Tags, D-Tags or anything else like that. Your timing chip/strip will not be on the back of your bib number.  If you DO find a timing strip there, DO remove the timing strip, DO crumple or fold your number, DO remove the tear tag from your bib, DO cover the number, and go find the race you should be running, cuz it ain't Monkey.  If you do NOT find a timing strip on the back of your bib, you may run Monkey.  We will time you with, gasp, a clock.  And we will use your bib's tear tag, so keep it handy when you finish.

- Packet pickup will likely be at the Gordon JCC on November 20, 2010 between 2pm and 4pm. The JCC is located at 801 Percy Warner Blvd, Nashville, TN 37148. This is less than 2 miles from the race start/finish area. Here is a map to the GJCC: http://tinyurl.com/MonkeyPacketPickup . Packet pickup will also be available race morning adjacent to the starting line.

- If you want to shower after the race AND your hotel has kicked you out, you may go back to the GJCC and use their showers for free.  They will even let you use your towels.  Hold onto your race bib, that will be your shower entry ticket.

- I suspect that there are a few of you out there that have found wisdom over the past weeks and months of jogging around, pretending to train for this thing. If you realize you won't be able to make it to Monkey, please let me know so I can offer your spot to one of the foolish fools on our foolish wait list.

- Volunteer volunteer volunteer, we are looking for volunteers on race morning. So if you know of anybody smart enough not to run who wants to come out and spend a sweltering or freezing morning in the park helping out, please let us know. Volunteers are awesome!

- Less than 5 weeks remain.  If training would help, and it won't, you should possibly consider starting.

- Boston closed in 8 hours, but Monkey closed in 32 minutes. I have a wait list of folks who want to run Monkey, foolishly.  If you now know you are not coming AND don't plan to pick up your packet/shirt, please let me know so I can pass your spot along. 

Peace, love and hills.
    Monkey groovy.
    Trent

Blondie

Bringing Banana Pudding, because Monkey's like banana's as well as foolish runners.

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

- Boston closed in 8 hours, but Monkey closed in 32 minutes.

Hooray & such!

I will bring something salty.  And an empty glass. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dude.  Bring a growler.

DoppleBock

What kindof beer (Yazoo) will there be?  I was thinking of mixing it up this year and bringing the beer dip, but making it fresh post race with Yazoo beer?  Of course it would be helpful to get a nice big glass of it early so I can get it mixed up for the people's buffet.  Maybe 2 glasses would help me mix it a bit better?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I will bring whatever delightful "food" I can find at the closest convenience store.

~Sara
              It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What beers to you request? We usually can get their Pale and maybe their Dos Perros.  I may shoot for a third keg, maybe their Sly Rye Porter.

xor

Porter! Porter! Porter!

The King of Beasts

I agree with srlopez. Porter would be nice.

Yazoo donates the kegs dont they ? that pretty cool

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

DoppleBock

I think there Pale will make a nice beer dip - I think my point was more I will need to get at it Prior to Noon to mix up a double batch (It will take @ 16 ounces of beer for a double batch) Or I will just stop at the store and pick up a  double duece.

What beers to you request? We usually can get their Pale and maybe their Dos Perros.  I may shoot for a third keg, maybe their Sly Rye Porter.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

Accordingly, I purchase Yazoo whenever I have the opportunity.

srlopez and another one have valid points.  porter!  I also enjoy pale ales & stouts.  As well as all beer that is free. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes.  Do as bdub says.  Drink Yazoo.

Prior to Noon

Nope.  The kegs won't get tapped until noon.  Sorry, 'tis the law.

REALLY slim chance, but if there's a wait list, could you pleae put me on. Heck, I had to bail last year; maybe I can benefit this year.

So, keep your fingers crossed that I get a job (follow up interview tomorrow at a paper) but that they'll give me a little slack.

Hoodoo Guru

Get the job.  Show for Monkey.  I know a guy that knows the race director.  We can get you in.

The tangents are moot.

A Saucy Wench

Porter! Porter! Porter!

What srlopez said.

Dos Perros is good, but Porter is recovery food.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7