Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

What should I do while in Nashville. (Read 771 times)

Hoodoo Guru

Tootsie's, Robert's, Paradise Park, Rippy's all will have bands.  Quality will vary from awful to awfully sublime.  No cover at these places either.

Broadway Brewhouse is my favorite bar down there, especially if you can sit by the front bar right on the street and they have the windows open.

Springwater is Nashville's best dive bar.  I once kept a guy from climbing over the bar and attacking the waitress there.  At a rugby party at Springwater one guy sat next to the band in a chair the whole evening with his pants down to his ankles and his willie hangin out.  Tanya is lucky that bronchitis is all she caught there.

The tangents are moot.

Broadway Brewhouse is my favorite bar down there, especially if you can sit by the front bar right on the street and they have the windows open.

Wait, what is the weather like? I haven't been paying attention...

I AM READY TO FLY OUT OF THIS ICEBOX

IMKY13 finish!!

Wait, what is the weather like? I haven't been paying attention...

I AM READY TO FLY OUT OF THIS ICEBOX

Sunday it's supposed to be around 50 degrees at start time and warm up to around 70 degrees in the afternoon

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

xor

Candice, this morning I ran in short sleeves.  This is significant because I'm usually still in two layers at 50.  Really.  Blue skies, no wind, and it was probably upper 40s (so, yes, I underdressed for me, but dressed normally for most people).  Weekend should be similar.  No ice box here this year.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

SRL, are y'all already here?

"run" "2" "eat"

define: here

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

xor

SRL, are y'all already here?

I got here at 1a this morning.  Reporting in, ready to shock the monkey.

We're a go for packet pickup workie at 1:30 saturday.  DirtyGraceFlint and I are going to run a little bike trail around a golf course just off of White Bridge Road tomorrow morning 8ish.  I may sing the "Seven Bridges Road" song.

Kalsarikännit

Speaking of things to do in Nashville...

When driving south of Nashville on 65, I came across "Big Jim's Boobie Bungalow". That may be the best strip club name ever.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

bhearn

One of my favorite attractions in Nashville is Opryland. Be sure to get there before 1997.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

One of my favorite attractions in Nashville is Opryland. Be sure to get there before 1997.

It is far less costly to rebuild an amusement park after a flood than a mall.  Just sayin.