Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Weather (Read 243 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Wow.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

DoppleBock

I predict Sunday will be excellent beer drinking weather!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

monkeycmonkeydo

I predict Sunday will be excellent beer drinking weather!

When are conditions not excellent to drink beer?

DoppleBock

December 26th 1993 - Packers / Raiders.  Temps were between -5 and -10 F.  Moderate wind.  Sitting in the stands at Lambeau Field.  The top of your beer would freeze if you did not constantly drink it.  That was a good day to drink beer, but the conditions were not "Excellent" ~ only "Fair" to "Good". 

When are conditions not excellent to drink beer?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Slice

I think my child just prayed for another wet monkey. She said a prayer for me and my race and followed it with "and please send rain. It's been sunny for so many days."

She started asking for rain during the drought in the summer and periodically asks again. Funny timing.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning