Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

2000 Miles of Monkey (Read 396 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

I just realized I crossed the 2000-mile mark at the Monkey this year.  Pretty cool.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly- I did that in 2009 and I was REALLY happy about it!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congrats, Holly!

steph  

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

What a way to hit that mark!  Congrats Holly!  (Did you go back to figure out where on the course you hit it?)

Slice

Congrats! What a beautiful run to hit your milestone. I just THOUGHT I was doing something when I hit 1400 at the end of the race. I can't even imagine hitting 2000. Way to go!

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

#artbydmcbride

She probably hit it as she blasted past me going uphill!  Smile

Runners run

Elly.

Congratulations Holly!  Good work. 

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

Cool Jump Suit

Very nice way to do it!

So bittersweet,
                  This tragedy
                  Won't ask for absolution;
                  This melody,
                  Inside of me,
                  Still searches for solution.
                  A twist of faith,
                  A change of heart
                  Cures my infatuation.
                  A broken heart, 
                  Provides the spark
                  For my determination.

Marathon Maniac #957

(Did you go back to figure out where on the course you hit it?)

Mile 24 at the Monkey, that was my 2000th mile this year....of course, at that point all I could think about was beer and how much my toes hurt, so it was all a blur.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

Didn't you see the sign? 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.