Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Dragon? Ass-kicking? (Read 769 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

If you are to go by motionbased, which exaggerates elevation change, then Monkey is about +/- 4200 ft.
      If you are to go by motionbased, which exaggerates elevation change, then Monkey is about +/- 4200 ft.
      Race directors lie. Most encourage you to think their marathon is flat. Some do the opposite. Never ever ever trust an elevation profile on a marathon's website. Ever.
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Strings, my friend, you will remember November. For a long long time. Just sayin. http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4468919 (This one only states 3700 feet)
          Strings, my friend, you will remember November. For a long long time. Just sayin. http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4468919 (This one only states 3700 feet)
          I believe this one is the one you wanted. I just figured I'd dig up that quote for ya.

Oh Mighty Wing

Also, pregnant people run marathons all the time. It was a lame excuse Shan, but nice try Wink
            umm yeah people who are well trained... i'll be lucky to be hitting 26.2 a week at that point
              Dragon’s Race Report. Seriously. I wasn’t going to post one of these. I really wasn’t. But then I thought it might amuse Tanya for a couple of minutes, so here we go. Back in April, I thought it would be fun to sign up with three other girls for the Nike Women’s Marathon. There would be free manicures! Free foot massages! Free chocolate! And best of all, Tiffany finisher medals given to us by firefighters in tuxedos! The date was far enough in the future that it seemed reasonable enough. I remained blissfully unworried until a couple of weeks ago, when a nice, caring friend gently suggested that I had better get my ass in gear if I wanted to cross that finish in less than six hours and thirty minutes. He pointed out that Nike would not inconvenience the good people of San Francisco for the entire day. Based on my most recent half marathon time, he predicted that I would be coming in just under the deadline. If I missed it, the Nike paddy wagon, not a handsome young San Francisco firefighter, would be picking me up. I got a little concerned, but not enough to do anything crazy like, you know, run. We had perfect weather for race day: 55 degrees, overcast, no wind. The first 4 hours or so were fun. It was like being in a big estrogen-charged parade. But by about mile 20, I was bored. We had already gone past the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz, and were plodding around the surprisingly un-scenic Lake Merced. People who had been singing Whitesnake lyrics loudly and off-key at Mile 6 were no longer interested in entertaining me. On closer inspection, some of them appeared to be crying. I began to see the value in following a structured training schedule. Not that I would ever do that, but I bet it makes the end of the race more fun. Looking back, my biggest regret is that I missed the mylar blanket handout table at the end of the race. It got kinda cold waiting around for the shuttle back to Union Square. The End. P.S. I'm so completely screwed for the Monkey.
              Congrats, Dragon! I'd love to see a pict of the medal. Did you get any pictures of the firemen?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I believe this one is the one you wanted. I just figured I'd dig up that quote for ya.
                Very nice, thank you.
                  Dragon - I noticed you've started your taper. Nice. Wink
                    Dragon - I noticed you've started your taper. Nice. Wink
                    Thank you. I take that portion of the training very seriously.

Amy

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'll bet you PR at Monkey
                        Thank you. I take that portion of the training very seriously.
                        Are you happy? Are you happy? ARE YOU HAPPY? There's no happy! THERE'S NO HAPPY IN RUNNING!
                          Are you happy? Are you happy? ARE YOU HAPPY? There's no happy! THERE'S NO HAPPY IN RUNNING!
                          Big grin

Amy

Really. How dare you be happy 25 days before the Monkey? Your jovial little yellow bars mock the Monkeys. They shall not be mocked. p.s...good job!

Good job Dragon, and go ahead and be happy...regardless of the circumstances. Big grin
                                Good job Dragon, and go ahead and be happy...regardless of the circumstances. Big grin
                                ...happiness is just an illusion filled with sadness and confusion.