Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

The google countdown (Read 629 times)

Well her didn't DNF but he didn't come close to anything he was really happy with. However 4 weeks later he took off an hour and 10 minutes giving himself a nice PR (for him).
    This sounds very very familiar Wink Did he Candice himself too? MTA: Not that I took an hour off...

So I will probably slug through Monkey with Drew and Shan.
      If you were in 2:55 shape earlier in the year....I would think that slugging through a marathon for you would be running it at my pace. So you're invited to run with me if you like Big grin Yea yea...I heard you....knee surgery...no running....chicago...monkey...blah blah.

The Greatest of All Time

If you were in 2:55 shape earlier in the year....I would think that slugging through a marathon for you would be running it at my pace. So you're invited to run with me if you like Big grin Yea yea...I heard you....knee surgery...no running....chicago...monkey...blah blah.
        Can I run behind you and stare at your butt? Tongue
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Oh Mighty Wing

It is so cool to train for that first marathon and run a farther distance that you have ever ran before! I learned a lot about discipline and mental toughness and how to run that far. But, I think I learned the most about proper fueling and hydration......the hard way.
          mental toughness... yeah we shall see how this goes as school starts back up. I've been going in a couple hours every day to work on stuff and have 0 desire to run in the afternoons yet... I know it's just an adjustment and i'll have to tough it out and then it will get better... last year (school year) I ran after school and loved it. So I'll have to try that next week. Run from the building instead of come home sit around a little bit then run. Hydration and fueling are my arch nemesis I think. I'm still learning - it's tough.

S&M Collector

mental toughness... yeah we shall see how this goes as school starts back up. I've been going in a couple hours every day to work on stuff and have 0 desire to run in the afternoons yet... I know it's just an adjustment and i'll have to tough it out and then it will get better... last year (school year) I ran after school and loved it. So I'll have to try that next week. Run from the building instead of come home sit around a little bit then run. Hydration and fueling are my arch nemesis I think. I'm still learning - it's tough.
            Yeah, when I run in the late afternoon or early evening, if it's anything substantial, I usually have to have a mid-afternoon snack of some sort, and it seems to help. Now in preparation for tomorrow morning, I feel like I'm already behind on proper food and hydration. I'll never forget my longest run before my first marathon. I was dry heaving and shivering when it was over. I could hardly drive home and when I got home I was wrapped in a down comforter trying to get warm for an hour. This was like early April when it was already in the 70's here. Great times!! Big grin
            Come across any cool medals lately?
              I was dry heaving and shivering when it was over. I could hardly drive home and when I got home I was wrapped in a down comforter trying to get warm for an hour.
              Oh this is normal. This happens to me on all of my long runs. I'm usually cold the entire day. Normal, right?

Can I run behind you and stare at your butt? Tongue
                Oh no. Another Casa.

S&M Collector

Oh this is normal. This happens to me on all of my long runs. I'm usually cold the entire day. Normal, right?
                  Not sure. I've only experienced it on my longer runs or the ones where I've made ran harder/faster than normal. Like Wednesday after the 10-miler. I was uncomfortably cold afterwards. I had to go in the hot tub and warm up first before I could swim.

S&M Collector

Oh no. Another Casa.
                    Perhaps. We shall see. The world should be so lucky.

Oh Mighty Wing

Candice - I have to take a hot shower after all my long runs. To get warm - not wash the stink off. I'm normally pretty cold for a while afterwards if I don't.
                        Not sure. I've only experienced it on my longer runs or the ones where I've made ran harder/faster than normal. Like Wednesday after the 10-miler. I was uncomfortably cold afterwards. I had to go in the hot tub and warm up first before I could swim.
                        Yea me too. The first part.

Candice - I have to take a hot shower after all my long runs. To get warm - not wash the stink off. I'm normally pretty cold for a while afterwards if I don't.
                          Well I take an ice bath, then a hot shower. I'm fine for a while until I get dressed and start sitting around or go out or whatever I do...then i'm cold. Especially if i'm in an air conditioned restaurant or something. My sister calls me a reptile. She says I always have reptile skin (goosebumps)... I actually get cold a lot. Someone told me its because of low body fat.

The Greatest of All Time

Oh no. Another Casa.
                            Dude, I mean come on. Even though you're blond and all, a nice tail, is a nice tail. And as long as you don't Candice during Monkey that might be enough to pull me through. Big grin
                            I actually get cold a lot. Someone told me its because of low body fat.
                            I am the same way. The last time my bf was measured in June it was 7.2% at 176 lbs. And I get cold very easily. But oddly enough I sweat at night a lot.

I am the same way. The last time my bf was measured in June it was 7.2% at 176 lbs. And I get cold very easily. But oddly enough I sweat at night a lot.
                              I freeze at night. My body fat is 11% right now. It was 8 when I was training for my last marathon. I suspect it will drop again for Monkey training.

The Greatest of All Time

I freeze at night. My body fat is 11% right now. It was 8 when I was training for my last marathon. I suspect it will drop again for Monkey training.
                                That is crazy low for a woman. I bet you couldn't get knocked up if you tried right now.