Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Tropical Monkey 2010 (Read 586 times)

Monkey mention on Channel 4 this a.m. at 6:15! With graphics and everything. Nerd weather man with the snap-on hairdo said, "That is the weirdest name I've ever heard for a marathon."

Sweet!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What?  Graphics?  What kind of graphics??!?!?

Just a screen filler that said "Flying Monkey Marathon, Sunday" (maybe the start time?) and gave the temp. range...which was delightfully 52-68.

"run" "2" "eat"

i saw that card, too!! i did!! i did!! the graphic was a dopey clipart "runner" - no monkey graphics - with the text Flying Monkey Marathon across the top and the temps listed. and, yes, he said it was a weird name but he also gave props to the hillyness of "all 26 miles" which is technically not the correct distance but then, what does he know? after all, he calls nashville "metro" as in "weather in the metro today" which is idiotic because everyone knows it's "the metro area". gah! the only thing that saves him from looking like a total drooler is that he is always followed by the supremely stupid traffic lady.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Well, weather dork is from the Twin Cities, so he can't help himself. When he did weather up there, he probably called it "the Twins."

And that traffic chick...way too happy at 5:50 a.m.