Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Beer trade? (Read 588 times)

Fuck it if I didn't search on this topic, but at least I searched to find this forum. I thinking on today's hilly 11 miler that I recall in other threads that some people have access to beers that others don't ... so, anyone into a beer trade at the Monkey? PA beers can stack up against any state's. Just sayin'. Trent: Unsure if I can pull together a homebrew by then, but I'd love to sample something of yours.
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

We could certainly work it out. Maybe a prerace or postrace drive by drink at the house... I brew into 22 oz bottles.
        22 oz. ... smart. I quickly tired of 12 oz. .. so much work to clean. i do use a lot of Grolsch flip top 16 ozers. and 24 oz american "Champagne" style bottles ... cuz figure, when you have a beer, you really want two. or at least 16 oz.

Oh Mighty Wing

we're bringin some local brew for jk to wear a skirt. probably victory (which is 5miles from us) but could certainly do others
            we're bringin some local brew for jk to wear a skirt.
            i know you work with chemicals, and use the c word, but/so i'm having trouble deciphering that. victory makes good beer. golden monkey, perhaps? a very good beer, and fitting. but does jk have to wear a skirt for it? also: jk appears to drink crap like bud, so you may be wasting it. present to trent. hopdevil is also an excellent victory product

Oh Mighty Wing

i know you work with chemicals, and use the c word, but/so i'm having trouble deciphering that. victory makes good beer. golden monkey, perhaps? a very good beer, and fitting. but does jk have to wear a skirt for it? also: jk appears to drink crap like bud, so you may be wasting it. present to trent. hopdevil is also an excellent victory product
              haha yes JK will have to run the monkey in a skirt to get the beer. We (DH) is not sold on Victory yet, as you know we have awesome local brew's here so it'll probably be a last minute decision. For JK to wear a pink skirt - it is definately not wasted! And you have to keep in mind what you are drinking for... to drink as much as possible I'd go with PBR, but that doesn't mean it's my brew of choice.

S&M Collector

... to drink as much as possible I'd go with PBR, but that doesn't mean it's my brew of choice.
                I don't know about that. In my opinion, PBR is a tad bit too heavy. I'd go with something like Keystone or Natty Lite. Speaking from experience, of course. Wink
                Come across any cool medals lately?
                  How about you guys just give me all of your beer? I don't want to trade.

Lazy idiot

How about you guys just give me all of your beer? I don't want to trade.
                    shall we bring a case of Corona? y'know, in case you wanted to pass it on or something?

Tick tock

shall we bring a case of Corona? y'know, in case you wanted to pass it on or something?
                      I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. Just give the Corona to JK and all the good stuff to me.

Sadly - since we're flying we can't join in on this fun.

Michelle

Oh Mighty Wing

I don't know about that. In my opinion, PBR is a tad bit too heavy. I'd go with something like Keystone or Natty Lite. Speaking from experience, of course. Wink
                          And I'd have to default to you because I have no experience... sadly I've never drank a plethora of beer. hell I can count on 1 hands the number of times I've been truly wobble when I walk drunk. 1) a sandpail filled with alcohol - made for 6 drank by 1 (coincidentally it was also the night I convinced DH I was worth taking a chance on - via drunken phone call) 2) Jager - I split a bottle (a pretty big one) with DH's best friend. (prayed to the porcelain god) and that's it's... buzzed - sure a couple time - like 15 (mmm Stoli Dolies or vodka martini's/fruit mixers)
                            I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. Just give the Corona to JK and all the good stuff to me.
                            Somebody remember to bump this so JK sees it on Monday.

2) Jager - I split a bottle (a pretty big one) with DH's best friend. (prayed to the porcelain god)
                              Ahhh. Jager. You know, I drank an entire bottle of jager once and they told me I instantly became Arnie from "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" apparently it was a dead on impersonation that didn't end. Until I passed out. I woke up laying in the garage the next morning. Someone had given me a pillow and a trash can.

Somebody remember to bump this so JK sees it on Monday.
                                Where is JK?