Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Feedback Needed Regarding Pre-Monkey Dinner (Read 527 times)

Hoodoo Guru

Is it redundant to post here and ask for feedback? On Saturday night, pre-Monkey, Savarino's on Belcourt Ave. will feed us in the upper room. They have room for 80, so I think our 35-40 should be fine. The owner suggested offering 3 different menu items, available for $10/person. He suggested, spaghetti and meatballs, Penne with broccoli and garlic, and gemelli with roasted zucchini, squash, eggplant and peppers. Other menu items are meat lasagna, Eggplant parmigaiana, stuffed shells chicken parmigiana, manicotti, stuffed pepper, baked ziti and rigatoni. They also have pizza, which may be another option. He also suggested everyone bringing cash and having one payment, rather than them having to run 45 different debit cards. Bring your own wine, $3 corking fee per bottle. I need to reserve the room Friday, and probably need to give him a number of diners by Monday. Vandy-UT football game is 11:30 that morning, so traffic and parking are not much of a problem. Pros, cons, let me know what you think. I will post a "give me your reservation" thread here and on the official Monkey board tomorrow or Friday. I am asking for feedback only here, not reservations. Thanks in advance for your kind consideration. Roll eyes

The tangents are moot.

Feedback = Sounds good.

The Greatest of All Time

Sounds good to me. I am not too picky and was mostly concerned about finding a place that could hold us all. Food is food. Maybe ask Trent to send out an email requesting an RSVP so you can get an idea of the number people who will attend. Or post a thread in the swamp to catch everyone else that doesn't come to this forum.
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Hoodoo Guru

Maybe ask Trent to send out an email requesting an RSVP so you can get an idea of the number people who will attend. Or post a thread in the swamp to catch everyone else that doesn't come to this forum.
          Yes, I will do both.

The tangents are moot.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dallas, I can send out an email to all and give them your email addy. Do you want to do that? Perhaps set up a special email for this so you don't have to deal with it after next week?

Hoodoo Guru

Dallas, I can send out an email to all and give them your email addy. Do you want to do that? Perhaps set up a special email for this so you don't have to deal with it after next week?
              yeah that's great. use dallasdig at hotmail.com Important to note: Limited menu, but "Trent approved" $10/person (plus tax) cash Start at 5 pm.

The tangents are moot.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This is the email I will send, please approve or not, or edit-
                Hey fellow Monkeys! I am a local monkey registrant. On Saturday night, pre-Monkey, Savarino's on Belcourt Ave. will feed us in the upper room. They have room for 80. Here is what Trent has said - Savarino's Cucina - Family-owned, small Italian with great cookies 2121 Belcourt Ave Nashville, TN 37212 (615) 460-9878 The owner is suggested offering 3 different menu items, available for $10/person. He suggested, spaghetti and meatballs, Penne with broccoli and garlic, and gemelli with roasted zucchini, squash, eggplant and peppers. (Other menu items are meat lasagna, Eggplant parmigaiana, stuffed shells chicken parmigiana, manicotti, stuffed pepper, baked ziti and rigatoni.) They also have pizza, which may be another option. He also suggested everyone bringing cash and having one payment, rather than them having to run 45 different debit cards. Trent says the pizza is fabulous. Bring your own wine, $3 corking fee per bottle. I need to reserve the room Friday, and probably need to give him a number of diners by Monday. The Vandy-UT football game is at 11:30 that morning, so traffic and parking are not much of a problem come the afternoon. Soooo, if you are interested, please let me know ASAP. Please let me know if you approve of this menu or want something different. Dinner will be at 5:00pm. Cash only.

Lazy idiot

Dallas: plans sound good. Thanks for being a point person. As an out-of-towner, I appreciate it.

Tick tock

Hoodoo Guru

This is the email I will send, please approve or not, or edit-
                    Only change I would make is to say "List your two favorites from the menu, I'll tally the results and we'll do the three most popular." And what did they do about beer last year? Was there a "pop the top" fee?

The tangents are moot.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Only change I would make is to say "List your two favorites from the menu, I'll tally the results and we'll do the three most popular." And what did they do about beer last year? Was there a "pop the top" fee?
                      I will do. I do not remember about beer.

Hoodoo Guru

I will do. I do not remember about beer.
                        That means you had too much.

The tangents are moot.

Mishka-old log

That means you had too much.
                          That, as well as these other guidelines, as suggested by letsrun.com.
                            gemelli with roasted zucchini, squash, eggplant and peppers. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm getting hungry!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dallas, thanks so much for organizing this. That gemelli does sound good!

Amy