Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Pre-Race and Post Race ... (Read 931 times)

DoppleBock

Pre-Race ... any meal? - If not that is fine ... but if there is, let us know.

Post race 11-4 people's buffet and 12-4 Yazzo drink fest.  Not sure what to bring this year ... Maybe some sort of cheese again.

PPR - Post-Post Race ... SALY?

PPPR - Post-Post-Post Race - Micro-Tel?

As long as we can make through Kentucky without falling victims to some drunk hillbilly, we should make it in 10-11 hours.  We will have the grocery getter, so we will have room for 3 or 4 other idiots from the Micro-Tel PPR.

Right now I hate every single one of you ...

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Hoodoo Guru

I will be happy to again host post race festivities at Mafiaozas, if that is the will of the people. I will go by and put in our regular reservation. 6 pm, for all who survive.

The tangents are moot.

Mr MattM

If I survive, I was planning to head back home pretty quick after the run... I mean jog... I mean, okay, walk/jog/run/hobble...

I'm only telling you this so you can rejoice in the knowledge that I will not be there, wherever there turns out to be...

be curious; not judgmental

DoppleBock

You get three Votes from me.  I have proxy rights to my DW Jill and Abe, so that is how I get to 3.  The year that a PPR fest stops and I cannot hangout with all the cool kids, is my last Monkey.  God knows I do not come down for the stupid race ... but for the good times post race and post post race. 

I will be happy to again host post race festivities at Mafiaozas, if that is the will of the people. I will go by and put in our regular reservation. 6 pm, for all who survive.

Lazy idiot

The year that a PPR fest stops and I cannot hangout with all the cool kids, is my last Monkey.  God knows I do not come down for the stupid race ... but for the good times post race and post post race. 

This is true for me, unless I perish on the 18th, in which case it's certain that this is my last Monkey.

Tick tock

Hoodoo Guru

If I survive, I was planning to head back home pretty quick after the run... I mean jog... I mean, okay, walk/jog/run/hobble...

I'm only telling you this so you can rejoice in the knowledge that I will not be there, wherever there turns out to be...

Can't you get sloppy drunk and then drive overnight back to Kansas in the sleet and snow?  The cramps in your legs will probably keep you awake.  Probably.

The tangents are moot.

xor

I will be there after too... although I am not one for closing the place down these days.  

A Saucy Wench

Mafiaozas for sure please - I'm CLEARLY just coming for the people and the party as I sure as hell have no business even starting and am more and more sure I will take my first DNF

Pre race?  I'm in if there is one. 

Pre pre race - I'm in thursday night so I have a while to hang out. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Oh Mighty Wing

we're in!

DoppleBock

Keep you PP Race to your self 

Pre pre race - I'm in thursday night so I have a while to hang out. 

Lazy idiot

Mafiaozas for sure please - I'm CLEARLY just coming for the people and the party as I sure as hell have no business even starting and am more and more sure I will take my first DNF

I'm in almost exactly the same boat.

Tick tock

Marathon Maniac #957

PPR - Post-Post Race ... SALY?

SALY?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Since this very well could be your last meal, you may want to think twice about the following opportunity. Michelle Walker has put together a pre-race dinner at Savarino's Cucina: 2121 Belcourt Ave, Nashville from 6 to 8 pm. The owner of the restaurant has agreed to set up a buffet for you poor souls consisting of a vegetarian pasta, a pasta with meat, pizza, bread, salad and a water bottle for $14 per person. If you would like to attend, please send a message to Michelle at Walkers6@Roadrunner.com. We will try to keep the monkeying around to a minimum that night, however, you may find yourself going bananas over the door prizes. Please note: Let's not let the Vandy Tennessee game throw a monkey wrench into our fun. The restaurant has suggested we park in the bank parking lot across the street.
                            xor

SALY?

That's in the long tall building.  But the doors are weirdly tiny so you have to lay down to get inside.

Actually, I've been wondering about that one too since DB started this.  I didn't ask because my head has limited processing power for events and parties.

DoppleBock

It is an accounting or auditing term - Same As Last Year

When planning an audit for the 2nd or later year - It was acceptible to SALY it - If there were no changes to the risk profile.

SALY?