Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

3 weeks out. Is the hay in the barn? (Read 564 times)

This sounds like what Deanna has been dealing with for years.  May not be the best way to do it, but she taped up and ran the monkey last year.

Yea, I was talking to her about that. I think mine is a little different than hers....but probably feels similar, and is in the same area. Hers was adductors. Mine is psoas.

I have some of that tape...so i'm thinking about trying it out. I don't know how exactly to do it myself though.

The Thunder

Yea, I was talking to her about that. I think mine is a little different than hers....but probably feels similar, and is in the same area. Hers was adductors. Mine is psoas.

I have some of that tape...so i'm thinking about trying it out. I don't know how exactly to do it myself though.

Come see Jim when you get back in town.  If you tore it...you may want to try that new platelet rich plasma injection.  Either way, he'll take good care of you.  If you're still dealing with it when you get back...hopefully you're good.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Come see Jim when you get back in town.  If you tore it...you may want to try that new platelet rich plasma injection.  Either way, he'll take good care of you.  If you're still dealing with it when you get back...hopefully you're good.

Yea I was thinking about going in to see him. I'm coming in the Monday or Tuesday before Monkey. Do you think that's enough time?

The Thunder

Yea I was thinking about going in to see him. I'm coming in the Monday or Tuesday before Monkey. Do you think that's enough time?

Enough time to get ready for the monkey, or enough time to get in to see him?  I can get you in if you need an appt.  Just give me a heads up, he has to rent that machine to do the plasma injections. 

Enough time to get ready for the monkey, or enough time to get in to see him?  I can get you in if you need an appt.  Just give me a heads up, he has to rent that machine to do the plasma injections. 

I meant is it okay to get those injections the week of the race?

Did you have them on your calf?

Hoodoo Guru

If you beat me I'm claiming blood doping.

The tangents are moot.

The Thunder

I meant is it okay to get those injections the week of the race?

Did you have them on your calf?

I did NOT have those injections on my calf...I had some other injections, he didn't start doing these until the week after I tore my calf.  However, he would have done these if I had torn my calf a week later.  This is very cutting edge therapy.  Read up on it if you can...it sounds very promising for a lot of injuries.  I wouldn't think the shots would stop you from running...I would think if you're in need of them at that time, you'd most likely be best served by not running though.  But you won't know that until you're here I suppose.

Hmm...I read a little bit about it. Sounds promising.

I scheduled an appt with a sports doc for tomorrow morning. I can obviously be doing more for this than seeing a sports chiro and getting active release therapy.

I'll let you know if I need to see Jim, you're right...I won't really know until that week