Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Help with a Monkey Marathon training program (Read 762 times)

Lazy idiot

Marcus. The lean wolf leads the pack.
    *cough* not always *cough* Wink

Tick tock

S&M Collector

1. I must agree with you on the baldness thing. Who needs long scraggly hair like Kelly has anyway?
      How would you know what JK's girlfriend looks like? Confused MTA: OK, fine. I was trying to make a joke....seeing as JK's gf's name is Kelly and um.... I don't think it came off that way. Anyway. Don't be hating on hairy men, Thunder. Tongue If you can grow it, might as well wear it. Oh, and the name is House or Casa, not Kelly. Got it, Andy? Wink
      Come across any cool medals lately?

The Greatest of All Time

Marcus. The lean wolf leads the pack.
        Don't mean to be talking smack here but compare 1/2M PR's. Just sayin' Big grin MTA: And that was on 4 months of running.
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
          Oh sheesh, it's like the ladies lounge in here. People, shut up and eat a Snickers bar.
          I'm rocking the pack of double stuffed Oreos, baby. Hey, can ya'll bitches wave or something? You're so skinny I can't see you unless you move around or something.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

The Thunder

Don't mean to be talking smack here but compare 1/2M PR's. Just sayin' Big grin MTA: And that was on 4 months of running.
            Your 1/2 PR is 34 seconds faster than mine...and I was 156ish at the time of mine. If I was say...146, I bet I would have been under 1:20. That's my point. I'm not trying to say that a leaner runner is faster than any other runner, just faster than a bigger self. I bet if you were 10 lbs lighter, you would have gone faster than your PR too.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

The Greatest of All Time

Your 1/2 PR is 34 seconds faster than mine...and I was 156ish at the time of mine. If I was say...146, I bet I would have been under 1:20. That's my point. I'm not trying to say that a leaner runner is faster than any other runner, just faster than a bigger self. I bet if you were 10 lbs lighter, you would have gone faster than your PR too.
              Ah. I understand. Thought you were throwing the smack down on me for being fat and stuff. Actually my real HM PR is like 1:18Tight lippedx but that was at about low 160's. So you're right. But these days I would rather have what I have than race a little bit faster. My wife doesn't like me super skinny. I was about 160 when we met and she said I was too thin, and I was. I was still able to fit into my Army Class A's that were fitted at the end of basic training when I was 17. Too thin.

2) I have it in me, I just make it a point to try and not get riled up too often. Irish blood and red hair... I've got a bit of a temper.
                I'm irish too. Grandma came over from Ireland. I didn't get the red hair (my sister did)... just the temper.

Lazy idiot

Tick tock

The Greatest of All Time

<quote pid="2fe853951f3d468c833fcf219f42d139oh, and the name is house or casa, not kelly.</quote> can you explain this? for real. i know your real name but won't write it here. how did the house thing happen? pid=""></quote pid="2fe853951f3d468c833fcf219f42d139oh, and the name is house or casa, not kelly.</quote> can you explain this? for real. i know your real name but won't write it here. how did the house thing happen?>

S&M Collector

Dude...
                      What? Shocked Don't dude me.
                      Come across any cool medals lately?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Arguably the dumbest thing I've ever read here. If you believe that my stumpy, stubby, stocky, and other st-words (studly?) 39 year old still-10-pounds-too-heavy enormously untalented body is just naturally faster than your 23-year-old perfect runner's body ... you're even blonder than I thought. As long as you believe that, you'll stay slower, too. But rest assured, I'm not saying another word about your running. If you want my opinion, ask for it - and use my name specifically. And do me a favor: next time you post some general question or general whine about your running, post a helpful list of people you'd actually like to hear from. That way, the rest of us will know to keep our mouths shut.
                          It's probably safe to say that I take advice from those that I want to when whatever they have to say sounds good to me. I'm stubborn. And it's frustrating. I know what's right, and I know what's wrong, but it's hard to overcome. Of course I don't believe that you should be faster than me, you just are, right now. But I never did post a question...or a whine. This time. Which was my problem.

I know your real name but won't write it here. How did the House thing happen?
                            He's not going to tell you. He won't even tell me, and he promised a LONG time ago.

Lazy idiot

What? Shocked Don't dude me.
                              I know you weren't talking to me. And you likely don't know that 95% of people IRL call me Andy, not Drew. But I kinda like Drew better. So that one was for me.

Tick tock

The Greatest of All Time

He's not going to tell you. He won't even tell me, and he promised a LONG time ago.
                                But I have a nicer ass than you. Just sayin'