Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Elevation Inquiry: Iroquois Hill Corkscrew and Reverse (Read 324 times)

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

Strings - Do you know (roughly) how the elevation of said course (subject line) compares to Monkey? I did a variation of the "Shirt for a Hard Ten" run twice today (which is similar to corkscrew) to prepare for the Monkey. I know, I know - I received the Monkey Mail and am a fool for trying to train for said event. In any case - do you know the elevation stats of IHC&R course? I know you have the GPS and the RA map function keeps telling me "elevation service is temporarily unavailable".
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Strings - Do you know (roughly) how the elevation of said course (subject line) compares to Monkey? I did a variation of the "Shirt for a Hard Ten" run twice today (which is similar to corkscrew) to prepare for the Monkey. I know, I know - I received the Monkey Mail and am a fool for trying to train for said event. In any case - do you know the elevation stats of IHC&R course? I know you have the GPS and the RA map function keeps telling me "elevation service is temporarily unavailable".
      I run IH often when in town. I am happy to try and answer... The hill climbs 225 feet over the course of about 1.5 miles: http://runningahead.com/maps/788dfab18df34756ac5bd68287ba4442 Monkey's 5 biggest hills (at miles 1, 5, 10, 15 and 19) each climb about 250-300 feet over between 1/2 and 2/3 miles. So while the Iroquois Hill is respectable and the 5 mile race on it brutal, the Monkey hills climb higher over a shorter distance. Heh. Evil grin
      bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I run IH often when in town. I am happy to try and answer... The hill climbs 225 feet over the course of about 1.5 miles: http://runningahead.com/maps/788dfab18df34756ac5bd68287ba4442 Monkey's 5 biggest hills (at miles 1, 5, 10, 15 and 19) each climb about 250-300 feet over between 1/2 and 2/3 miles. So while the Iroquois Hill is respectable and the 5 mile race on it brutal, the Monkey hills climb higher over a shorter distance. Heh. Evil grin
        Shocked Great Googly Moogly Shocked
          Shocked Great Googly Moogly Shocked
          HA HAA... ... that hurts.