Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Help: Nashville directions question (Microtel to pizza) (Read 371 times)

xor

If I recall, one reason why pizza will be in Mt Juliet is because of the Tenn v Vanderbilt game which starts at 6:30p.

Many of us are staying at Microtel.  Google maps tells me that getting from Microtel to Mt Juliet is easy peasy, just hop on I-40.

Which goes right through the middle of the city.  Vanderbilt seems to be between I40 and the other road that this out-of-towner would consider, I440.

So, Nashville and Vanderbilt football experts... uh... what would be the best route to get from A to B without sitting in lines of traffic w/ drunk football fans?

Thanks!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I would not expect there to be a traffic problem on the interstate.

C-R

Since I will be one of those attending the Vandy-Tenn game (payment to family for free room & board), I will do my best to snarl traffic to the pizza joint as I will not be able to attend and am quite bitter about this.

So when you are sitting ther dreaming of your pizza but smelling exhaust fumes from the car in front of you, please think of me.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

xor

I would not expect there to be a traffic problem on the interstate.

Serious answer?  Cool.

Where I have lived, highways leading to football stadiums are scary monsters on game days.  Go Nashville!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Vandy is far enough off the highway that the congestion usually is on the secondary roads.

A Saucy Wench

Serious answer?  Cool.

Where I have lived, highways leading to football stadiums are scary monsters on game days.  Go Nashville!

Seattle highways are a problem?  NEVAH

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Hoodoo Guru

Your alternate is to take I 440 west, although 440 actually does pick up some stadium traffic.  Plus, Vandy's stadium only seats approx 38,000 so it's not like the crowds you get at a real university.

The tangents are moot.

xor

Seattle highways are a problem?  NEVAH

Also Dallas

(to a lesser extent, Lubbock and College Station.  But, yeah. That's to be expected.  Ain't nothing else going on; ain't many roads)

"run" "2" "eat"

actually, dallas, vanderbilt IS a real university. those professional sports training facilities are "real" universities.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Lazy idiot

actually, dallas, vanderbilt IS a real university. those professional sports training facilities are "real" universities.

Hay know, eye gott a fein educashun at my "reel" yoonu... yuni... college.

Tick tock

xor

At least your state's UT has that Rocky Top song, which is a fine song.

My state's UT has The Eyes of Texas. Otherwise known as "I've Been Workin on the RAAAAAILroad."

Could be worse, one of my schools (A&M) is the evil archenemy.  But apparently an enemy with a huge inferiority complex because our fight song's (excuse me, "war hymn's") lyrics are basically "that other school sucks."

Good bye to texas university

So long to the orange and the white

Good luck to dear old Texas Aggies

They are the boys who show the real old fight

"the eyes of Texas are upon you"

That is the song they sing so well

Sounds Like Hell!

So good bye to texas university

We're gonna beat you all to…

Then there's a whole chant about sawing off the longhorn's horns.  SHORT.  WHOOP. A.

Sorry for the tangent.  But it's my thread.

"run" "2" "eat"

with vanderbilt, it's all a matter of chance. the game stays the same... maybe the GAME is the PROBLEM. what a bunch of wacktard losers. who would ever go to there? gah!

"don't blame us, coach, the fates were against us!"

"those weren't fates, my boys, those were football players."

dynamite! dynamite!

when vandy starts to fight!

down the field with blood to yield!

if need be save the shield!

if vict'ry's won when battle's done,

vandy's name will rise in fame!

win or lose, the fates will choose,

but vandy's game will stay the same!

dynamite! dynamite!

when vandy starts to fight!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

GO COCKS!!! WHOOO HOOO!!! SEC EAST CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

"run" "2" "eat"

well, now. that's ironic.