Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

I feel there is nothing I can do (Read 41 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The forces of evil and darkness are gathering. The monkeys are restless. And not seven days remain until your doom. Seven short days. A great battle is coming, evil versus good, dark versus light, monkeys versus stupid. Or brave. As I have said, we will see.

We will see.

Do you still have strength? Bravery? Months ago, you thought you were different. Special. Heroic. Faced with just a few short days until evil erupts, are you still there? This much I know: I watched the monkeys fly to the dark side of the moon, and after all I knew it had to be something to do with you. Are you still brave? Or are you just a runner in a silly red sheet?

We will see.

The clock is ticking.

As a reminder -

- Wanna eat something preface? Dallas Smith has put together a pre-race dinner at Savarino's Cucina: 2121 Belcourt Ave, Nashville from 5 to 7 pm Saturday evening. The owner of the restaurant has agreed to set up a buffet for you poor souls consisting of a vegetarian pasta, a pasta with meat, pizza, bread, salad and a water bottle. If you would like to attend, send Dallas an email to dallasdig1@gmail.com. $15 for the yum.

- Beginning to doubt your training? Don't worry. As I have said, you cannot train for Monkey. You however can not train for Monkey. And don't bother with a taper.

- Volunteers are awesome!

- As usual, if you happen to find wisdom and realize you won't be able to make it to Monkey, please let me know so I can offer your spot to one of the foolish fools on our foolish wait list.

- No, we will not have pace groups.

- Packet pickup will be at the Gordon JCC on November 23, 2013 between 2pm and 4pm. The JCC is located at 801 Percy Warner Blvd, Nashville, TN 37148. This is less than 2 miles from the race start/finish area. Here is a map to the GJCC: http://tinyurl.com/MonkeyPacketPickup . Packet pickup will also be available race morning adjacent to the starting line.

- For those of you who want a postface shower but are checking out of your hotel room, you can return to the JCC located at 801 Percy Warner Blvd, Nashville, TN 37148. They will need you to show your bib and bring your own towel and soap. They may also charge you the $5 guest fee.

- Bring food! As I have said, we ask all our volunteers and any runners who are able to bring some food and/or drink to share with the rest of the monkeys post race.  Our participants' homemade smorgasbord impresses every year.  I will be making home-made monkey pumpkin pies. Lots of them. What will you bring?

- We still plan to offer Yazoo Beer after the race to those who are of the correct drinking age. Yazoo is good brew, local and tasty.  If you want to enjoy some, please bring your ID with you to the race.  You don't have to run with it, but once the beer is available after noon, you will need your ID.  If you want to tweet your grand appreciation for this, use these tags: @YazooBrew and @yazoobrewmaster

- We plan to have swag for sale at packet pickup and then postrace, with all proceeds going to support the Friends of Warner Parks, the charity that keeps MonkeyVille spectacular.  This year, we will have original and unique Hatch posters, extra Silipint cups, singlets and prior years' shirts.  Posters and cups are $10, shirt prices will vary depending on which one you like.  Cash appreciated.  And cheap!

- Are your wills up to date. Your next of kin notified?

- The Twitter Monkey hashtag: #MonkeyMarathon. You can also Tweet @hhFlyingMonkey, if'n you want.  

- The website lists information about where there is lodging near the race and restaurants where you can dine over the weekend.  In addition, if you have further questions, feel free to holler or to put out a query on our message board: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/HHFMM/forum .  If you post there, please don't mind the monkey business.

T - 7 days. Or so.

Faster than a speeding banana
    Trent