Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Casa (Read 691 times)

the internal/external battle about whether or not to register for the Monkey
    What is there to battle over?

Lazy idiot

What is there to battle over?
      Seriously.

Tick tock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wise versus Idiocy. Duh.

Oh Mighty Wing

It's been a rough day for you. But hopefully it will get better! It sucks that douche band canceled, but good that you booked 3 shows!! And you don't suck because you totally were able to come back and fix it. Over the Monkey, I'm not helpful because I'm biased. I want you to run it! But, that doesn't take into account whether or not it's really best for you (or your legs) Plus I'm the idiot who is passing up relatively flat Philly for the Monkey (so people keep insinuating anyway)... and believe me if I could do them both I'm probably stupid enough to try it... but they are the same day so I had to pick...

Lazy idiot

Plus I'm the idiot who is passing up relatively flat Columbus for the Monkey (so people keep insinuating anyway)...
            Fixed for personal relevancy. Not that I couldn't do both, but I won't (this year). MTA: I couldn't... just sayin'

Tick tock

Oh Mighty Wing

Fixed for personal relevancy. Not that I couldn't do both, but I won't (this year). MTA: I might be able to if I tried... but I won't so this firmly locks it in the coulda, woulda, shoulda category.
              fixed.
                Wise versus Idiocy. Duh.
                There's still a battle going on? How about that.

Lazy idiot

Tick tock

S&M Collector

Plus I'm the idiot who is passing up relatively flat Philly for the Monkey (so people keep insinuating anyway)... and believe me if I could do them both I'm probably stupid enough to try it... but they are the same day so I had to pick...
                    You can and will have a philly type of experience. Those types of marathons are all over the place. I think it's important to do one like that.....a bigger one with crowds and shit. A friend of mine ran the pig this year in Cincy and she was blown away with the experience of running with a lot of others and seeing spectators on the course! Sheesh. And that's not even that big. Roll eyes Not flat either, fyi. I hear Philly is a great one, and you might also think about Steamtown when you wanna shatter a personal best down the road. But to have the monkey as the first is a helluva neat thing. You're making the right decision.
                    Come across any cool medals lately?

Oh Mighty Wing

You can and will have a philly type of experience. Those types of marathons are all over the place. I think it's important to do one like that.....a bigger one with crowds and shit. A friend of mine ran the pig this year in Cincy and she was blown away with the experience of running with a lot of others and seeing spectators on the course! Sheesh. And that's not even that big. Roll eyes Not flat either, fyi. I hear Philly is a great one, and you might also think about Steamtown when you wanna shatter a personal best down the road. But to have the monkey as the first is a helluva neat thing. You're making the right decision.
                      Thanks!! I will get to them eventually. It's just more intimidating than I can to admit - the people that is. The largest race I ran had about 1000 people and that wasn't too bad. Secretly what I'm hoping to do is get around to meeting more people in my area so when I decide to do a big one i'll know more people. Then maybe it will be easier... OR some of you guys could just so happen to make the trip up North!
                      JakeKnight

But to have the monkey as the first is a helluva neat thing. You're making the right decision.
                        Word. Well, except that you may be disappointed with some future marathons.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                        -----------------------------

Philly for one Tongue (do Steamtown, it's MUCH nicer!)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

well then i'll just have to keep coming back... use the other marathons to keep me busy untill the monkey... (Funny how in my head i'm gonna LOVE this!)
                              well then i'll just have to keep coming back... use the other marathons to keep me busy untill the monkey... (Funny how in my head i'm gonna LOVE this!)
                              I bet you will too Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                              Thyroid Support Group

S&M Collector

Wise versus Idiocy. Duh.
                                There's still a battle going on? How about that.
                                As usual, idiocy wins.
                                Come across any cool medals lately?