Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

bDub's realization (Read 453 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I still enjoyed this exchange -
    Strings - Do you know (roughly) how the elevation of said course (subject line) compares to Monkey? I did a variation of the "Shirt for a Hard Ten" run twice today (which is similar to corkscrew) to prepare for the Monkey. I know, I know - I received the Monkey Mail and am a fool for trying to train for said event. In any case - do you know the elevation stats of IHC&R course? I know you have the GPS and the RA map function keeps telling me "elevation service is temporarily unavailable".
    I run IH often when in town. I am happy to try and answer... The hill climbs 225 feet over the course of about 1.5 miles: http://runningahead.com/maps/788dfab18df34756ac5bd68287ba4442 Monkey's 5 biggest hills (at miles 1, 5, 10, 15 and 19) each climb about 250-300 feet over between 1/2 and 2/3 miles. So while the Iroquois Hill is respectable and the 5 mile race on it brutal, the Monkey hills climb higher over a shorter distance. Heh. Evil grin

The Greatest of All Time

Not that I really want to know the answer: but what is the total elevation gain of Monkey?
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

We believe it to be around 3500 feet of climb and 3500 feet of descent. The downhills are not free.

The Greatest of All Time

We believe it to be around 3500 feet of climb and 3500 feet of descent. The downhills are not free.
          Downhills are nasty. Very bad on the legs. Bastard.
          all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
            I'm going with the philosophy that if I don't train for it and don't think about it, the Monkey will only hurt during and after - as compared to before, during, and after. MTA: Damn ya'll bitches went and made me think about it.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

S&M Collector

I'm going with the philosophy that if I don't train for it and don't think about it, the Monkey will only hurt during and after - as compared to before, during, and after. MTA: Damn ya'll bitches went and made me think about it.
              Bonkin', you still planning on that big ass run the week before the monkey?
              Come across any cool medals lately?
                Bonkin', you still planning on that big ass run the week before the monkey?
                Hey dude. Definitely still considering it, which is why I hope Drew brings extra crutches to the Monkey. I figure if I can't train for it, I may as well go insane running in circles for 12 hours.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

S&M Collector

That is just NUTS, Bonkin'! I am skeptical about even running a 5K the week before the monkey. Take it away Ron Simmons.
                  JakeKnight

That is just NUTS, Bonkin'! I am skeptical about even running a 5K the week before the monkey. Take it away Ron Simmons.
                    How about a 50k the day before? C'mon. That Dizzy Fifties thing looks fun. You know you wanna.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

S&M Collector

How about a 50k the day before? C'mon. That Dizzy Fifties thing looks fun. You know you wanna.
                      Gosh, golly, geeze. I WOULD totally be up for this, but with all of our fellow RA members coming to town, I'd hate to miss out on the fellowship and camraderie for a measley 50K. Wink
                      JakeKnight

Gosh, golly, geeze. I WOULD totally be up for this, but with all of our fellow RA members coming to town, I'd hate to miss out on the fellowship and camraderie for a measley 50K. Wink
                        Ah, fuck 'em. You'll be sick of them by the end of the weekend anyway. Did I say that out loud?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                        -----------------------------