Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

It was a lovely morning in PWP (Read 697 times)

Lazy idiot

Wait, what times does this thing start?
    8 AM (surrendering cool points)

Tick tock

The Greatest of All Time

For the first time in my life... yes.
      Then you should be in better shape than me come November. I would love to think I could get back to running everyday, but I honestly do not foresee any more speed work for me in 2007. I am in a really fucked position right now. I was supposed to wait 6 weeks before running and made it 2. But I really have no clue as to what I can handle right now, so while my pride screams at me to run like I stole it, my brain and knee says hell no. I don't know at what point I can run for 90 minutes or 5 days a week or at what pace. This is the first time in my life coming off an athletic injury and it sucks because of all of the unknowns.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      JakeKnight

N On Sunday morning's training race, she was already tweaking. Roll eyes
        About the Monkey? Seriously? Get out. You're making it up.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

JakeKnight

I'm not setting a goal time, but I'm guessing it could be anywhere between 4:30-6:00. Who the hell knows at this point? That sounds painfully slow to me, but it will just mean that 'thon #2 will be a HUGE PR.
          Wait. You're making the Monkey marathon # 1? That's funny.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

S&M Collector

Nope. True story. She was tweaking to me and anybody around who would listen......since I wasn't actually paying attention.
            Come across any cool medals lately?
            bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I am in a really fucked position right now. I was supposed to wait 6 weeks before running and made it 2. But I really have no clue as to what I can handle right now,
              I've been running again for about 2.5 weeks after 6 weeks off. It do suck a bit. I don't know what to tell you. I recommend strong drink as you add miles back.

Lazy idiot

Hell yes. Go big or go home. Or in this case, go big and then get carted home in a box. Whatever.

Tick tock

The Greatest of All Time

How did I miss this? All joking aside. Was she really tweaking about monkey? Candice, are you really that intense in person?

Oh Mighty Wing

I will put my offer out there again... This will be my first marathon. Anyone who thinks they won't be able to run fast (or as well as they could given different circumstances) is more than welcome to join me under the guise of pacing me to help me get through it. This way I get some company, you get some company, and you can have an excuse to help save you from making excuses on why you didn't go faster. I like Drew will be hoping to land between 4:30 and 6 hours... OH hey Drew maybe we can keep each other company if all these faster people decide they can't bear to go that slow!

Oh Mighty Wing

Hell yes. Go big or go home. Or in this case, go big and then get carted home in a box. Whatever.
                      woohoo!!!

S&M Collector

How did I miss this? All joking aside. Was she really tweaking about monkey? Candice, are you really that intense in person?
                        Yes. She was. She was worried about breaking the 10% rule for mileage or something like that, talking about googling stress fractures...among other things monkey related. Like I said, I wasn't paying attention. Tongue Then, when she stopped to use the restroom, I kept running until I got to the water stop...maybe a couple of miles down the road. Anyway, I stayed there to wait for her. When she caught up, she asked, "how long were you waiting before I got here?" I said, "oh, about fifteen minutes or so." Her response was a facial expression that looked as if she missed a BQ or something...until I told her I was joking and that it had only been like 4 or 5 minutes! Sheesh.

The Greatest of All Time

Man, no one wants to run with me. WTF is that? Trent, am I that bad to run with?
                          Yes. She was. She was worried about breaking the 10% rule for mileage or something like that, talking about googling stress fractures...among other things monkey related.
                          Oh man.

Oh Mighty Wing

Man, no one wants to run with me. WTF is that? Trent, am I that bad to run with? Oh man.
                            Marcus - I put the offer out there for you. I can't help it if you ignore it because you run too fast.

S&M Collector

Man, no one wants to run with me. WTF is that?
                              GETM
                              Trent, am I that bad to run with?
                              GETM Evil grin

Lazy idiot

I've reconsidered my answer. I'm tackling this like a test in school. Do the hard ones first (that's what she said), and then you get to breeze through the easy questions. Of course, if the first hard question is exceptionally difficult, you may not have the time/energy/desire to do any more. Either way, I'm glutton for punishment.

Tick tock