Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Again To Carthage (Read 338 times)

anyone read this yet?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

Oh Mighty Wing

anyone read this yet?
      no but I want to!
        I own it, but haven't read it yet.

The Thunder

I read it the first week it came out. The first half was very slow...(not good), the second half kept my attention. Pretty decent finish. Overall, nothing compared to OAR....but decent enough. Nothing to write home about.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

I read it the first week it came out. The first half was very slow...(not good), the second half kept my attention. Pretty decent finish. Overall, nothing compared to OAR....but decent enough. Nothing to write home about.
            I had a hard time with the first half as well, but then, when I got to the end, it seemed to just fit with the flow. The end was good. I haven't read OAR yet, and wondered how it compared. Do you think how the runs/training went were pretty realistic? That's what I was wondering about - I don't have the perspective to judge that part of it. I just finished "Duel in the Sun" that was a really good book...but, after that? I don't want to read anymore books about difficult marathons. That must have been something to see that race when it happened Duel in the Sun

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

Mishka-old log

I agree with almost everything Thunder said, except the "not good" part. The first half was definitely slow, but it had a ton of parallels with my own personal experience (and probably the author's as well). But as I was reading it, I definitely had the thought that it was moving slowly and could be quite boring to some fans of OAR. Cheryl...you definitely have to read OAR. It's incredible. As far as the workouts and training...I think there is a lot that is realistic and would be consistent with the work a runner at that level could handle. There is one in OAR that is questionable, but it's inclusion in the story is essential (in my opinion). Once you've read it...it's obvious which one.