Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Unprovoked attack in PWP - this could happen to you (Read 645 times)

Candice never runs anything. But she wins all the training runs. And has rock-like abs.
    You just never run the races that I run. You run the weird random races. Are you running the Classic? Oh and...how is your finger?

Swimming sucks about as bad as ever. I'm trying to just look at it as a workout. I can swim pretty good with fins...or with the pull buoy...but "unassisted" I sink like a rock. The only thing I have going for me is my stubbornness...er...determination, yeah, that's it determination.
      You'll get it eventually. Have you done open water yet?

You'll get it eventually. Have you done open water yet?
        You really want me to drown don't you? Big grin No, I'm doing the Star Triathlon on the 30th...it's a 200 yd pool swim. I think it'll be next year before I can do an open water swim. I was 51 of 54 in my AG out of the water at Cedars, so I'm not exagerrating. Cry
          Are you panicky in the water?

Hey I think i'll do the Star tri...I didn't realize it was the 30th. Or maybe I did. I thought I had a class that day but I don't.

Sorry I got a phone call...hmm...panicky. I'm less panicky than I was when I started, but it's hard for me to relax in the water. I've been doing side drills with fins, trying to learn to keep my hips high and breathe the right way. I can swim laps & laps with the pull buoy, but without it I'm breathing hard after 50 yds.

S&M Collector

Tony, do you ever go to Bonnaroo, you Manchesterite? Or, is it Manchestericallian? Welcome aboard, by the way!
                Come across any cool medals lately?
                  Manchesthair.

Tony, do you ever go to Bonnaroo, you Manchesterite? Or, is it Manchestericallian? Welcome aboard, by the way!
                    Thanks House! You know...it's sad - I've never been to Bonnaroo. I don't live close enough to get the free tickets. And it's Manchesterzilian. Big grin

Imminent Catastrophe

Back on topic, some birds are known to attack people's heads, it is thought they want the hair for nesting.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Lazy idiot

Am I the only one in this group who hasn't ran the Monkey?
                        There are quite a few virgins here, ready to be sacrificed.

Tick tock

Back on topic, some birds are known to attack people's heads, it is thought they want the hair for nesting.
                          This is, quite clearly then, why JK has never been attacked. Hi Tony!

Hi Tanya! I just read your blog about your bet with JK - congrats on the win! Both of you are ridiculously fast...is there ANY slow people running the Flying Monkey? (besides me)

Lazy idiot

ANY slow people running the Flying Monkey? (besides me)
                              There will be plenty of folks of extremely varied paces. I'll be trending towards the slower side myself.

Tick tock

In that case, I've done my part, contributing to the good of owl-kind. Some people hang stuffed owls on their walls - is that illegal? Big grin