Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Wet Monkey. Storm Monkey. (Read 578 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes. You did it. You ran Monkey the year it rained. You fool.

At least you now have bragging rights. Then again, the line between courage and foolish is faint. Whichever it was, perhaps now your legs are starting to recover, and your white hot hatred for the sufferfest the Monkey put you through is beginning to fade. Soon, the nightmare that was Monsoon Monkey will pass from your mind. Even though the scars will likely last a lifetime.

And then, perhaps you will crave more. Perhaps. Think Wet Monkey.

Next year, I will give all of you who finished Monkey in 2011 priority registration. To tempt you to come back. Yes, Mike, it is in fact because the Monkey RD is a bit of a sadist. But what can you do. If you want the email, make sure you set it up so that my messages stay out of your spam folder. If you are wise, you will do the opposite.

Also, after the monsoon, the Warner Park fields took quite a beating from the combination of rain and cars. Please help us help the park. You can do this as follows: Buy Monkey Swag! Win, win for all, if you ask me. A whole lotta Monkey swag remains! We have a bunch of Think Monkey and Tie Dye Monkey Groovy cotton shirts ($10 apiece), tech shirts from 2011, 2010 and 2009 ($25 apiece) and a few Silipint cups ($10 apiece). I also have Hatch prints from 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011, $10 for one and $5 for every additional one! Plus some amount of S&H. ALL proceeds go to the Park. Not to me. You can even write the check directly as a donation to the Friends of Warner Parks if you prefer. Let me know if you are interested in any of it.

Last, please thank our heroic volunteers! They were stellar great this year, at least in my opinion, for standing out in the downpour all day so that you could flog yourself. Awesome, if you ask me. The best way to thank them is to give feedback either via an email to Diana the volunteer coordinator and me, or through a review on MarathonGuide at: http://www.marathonguide.com/races/racedetails.cfm?MIDD=2539111120.

Enjoy your stiff legs, your drained brain and Thursday's pumpkin pie. Recover well. And come back for more.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Think Monkey. Wet Monkey.
    http://www.vimeo.com/31401593

Trent

xor

Storm Monkey always steals my early reg email.

Storm Monkey is intense.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I am going to try a different method to email bulk next year.  Fingers crossed...

xor

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'll call your monkey and raise you one:

xor

Storm Monkey casualty.

Probably had a reaction to gu.  A gullergy.

xor

Anagelaxis.

A Saucy Wench

I think it's time for someone to lay off the dunkin donuts coffee

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

My right leg still refuses to straighten out (hamstring), my foot likely has a bruised ligament or two, and I wince with every step I take.  Yet,  the idea of not getting priority registration of 2013 makes me want to consider 2012.  

Imminent Catastrophe

My right leg still refuses to straighten out (hamstring), my foot likely has a bruised ligament or two, and I wince with every step I take.  Yet,  the idea of not getting priority registration of 2013 makes me want to consider 2012.  

So you're saying that your feet are not happy?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

It was fractured before the race but now my toe is like really, REALLY broken....

Hoodoo Guru

I am going to try a different method to email bulk next year.  Fingers crossed...

May I suggest the appropriately named "mailchimp?"

The tangents are moot.

"run" "2" "eat"

i use the mailchimp and highly recommend him.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

I feel GREAT.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Hoodoo Guru

I added the following in the "Express Yourself In Verse" thread found elsewhere.  It's my race report:

Early morning start

Hills are quiet and mine alone

Flying Monkey sucks

The tangents are moot.