Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

I have... (Read 438 times)

Did you just put on some clip on's?
    Well...I spent 4 hours at the Bike Pedlar last night after everyone had gone home and locked up (except for the one guy who stayed) while Stephen fit my bike into the appropriate position. He said it's the same position the Olympians use? He called it something abbreviated...I forgot the letters. Anyway, he spent a lot of time getting it right. I had to buy everyone beer for keeping them out late. So technically, yes, I did ride them while drinking....but on a trainer.

Hey Jeff- open water Friday?

The Thunder

Well...I spent 4 hours at the Bike Pedlar last night after everyone had gone home and locked up (except for the one guy who stayed) while Stephen fit my bike into the appropriate position. He said it's the same position the Olympians use? He called it something abbreviated...I forgot the letters. Anyway, he spent a lot of time getting it right. I had to buy everyone beer for keeping them out late. So technically, yes, I did ride them while drinking....but on a trainer.
        So I have many questions about what they did. I don't feel nearly as good on my TT bike as I do on my road bike and I've always thought about trying to convert my road bike into a TT bike (as much as possible), but was always told by roadies that's a bad idea. Anyway, so if that's what you did, and ST says it's all good...i'd like to know more about that. Because I could sell my TT bike and get some ZIPP wheels or something if I could convert my road bike. Hmmm......

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

The Thunder

Hey Jeff- open water Friday?
          So you have time to post here, but not answer your phone. I see how it is.

So you have time to post here, but not answer your phone. I see how it is.
            Oh, sorry, my phone is in my car. I'll go and get it.

Okay...so what I was telling you on the phone, look here. I think this only talks about him being certified to fit a tri bike...but maybe it's helpful. Either way, just email or call him. Oh and i'll let you know how I like mine today. I felt good on the trainer...but that's always different than the road.

Andrew - you're about 5"10" aren't you? I've recently realized the bike I bought is way too big (I think it's a 63 cm). I guess that's what I get for buying one from someone who's 6' 3". Roll eyes Do you have a road bike that you want to sell (or do you know anyone about 5' 10" who has one)? I only paid $100 for the bike I have now and it's done ok to get me started, but I think I really need one that fits. BTW - are you doing the Manchester triathlon this weekend?
                  BTW, had my first therapy appointment yesterday. The people at Vandy sports medicine seem to really know their shit. I'll be working with the trainer that works with the track athletes there. Plus, she's HOT. Always an added bonus. I know I'm not going with Jim, but you pushing me is a big reason why I've ended up getting help and not being a passive hippie. So, thanks. Mom.
                  Jeff - I hope they get you running again soon. I'd like to see what the first 50 yards of a 2:38 Flying Monkey Marathon looks like in November Big grin

The Thunder

Andrew - you're about 5"10" aren't you? I've recently realized the bike I bought is way too big (I think it's a 63 cm). I guess that's what I get for buying one from someone who's 6' 3". Roll eyes Do you have a road bike that you want to sell (or do you know anyone about 5' 10" who has one)? I only paid $100 for the bike I have now and it's done ok to get me started, but I think I really need one that fits. BTW - are you doing the Manchester triathlon this weekend?
                    I have a time trial (TT) bike that I've been using for Tri's that I can sell you. I'll sell it for $1500. (Probably not what you're looking for) I'd suggest checking out Craigslist for a good used bike. You could probably find something decent there. What do you want it for, cross training, Tri's? I will not be doing Manchester. I'm done with Tri's for this year, focusing on trying to get my BQ now, and then I'll start trying to get ready for Tri season in January. I'm going to try to take it a lot more serious next year. But for now, it's just running baby!

Why is it sideways?

Jeff - I hope they get you running again soon. I'd like to see what the first 50 yards of a 2:38 Flying Monkey Marathon looks like in November Big grin
                      Thanks, Tony. Whether I'm running or not, you should get to see a few 2:38 (or faster) guys. Trent's got a pretty good lineup of fast guys. Thanks for the kind words.

Why is it sideways?

Not the best pic but hey. She's a runner.
                          I have a time trial (TT) bike that I've been using for Tri's that I can sell you. I'll sell it for $1500. (Probably not what you're looking for) I'd suggest checking out Craigslist for a good used bike. You could probably find something decent there. What do you want it for, cross training, Tri's? I will not be doing Manchester. I'm done with Tri's for this year, focusing on trying to get my BQ now, and then I'll start trying to get ready for Tri season in January. I'm going to try to take it a lot more serious next year. But for now, it's just running baby!
                          Yeah the time trial bike isn't what I'm looking for. I did my first tri in July (Cedars of Lebanon) and I want to start doing them more now. I did the Staggerwing Duathlon and it was pretty fun. Manchester will be my second tri. I'll check out Craigslist and MOAB. I heard there's a new bike shop in Murf - have you been there?

The Thunder

Yeah it sucks. Go to MOAB if you're going the bike shop route. They are good people.