Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Spades (Read 567 times)

The Greatest of All Time

Is anyone down for a few games of Spades during Monkey weekend? I haven't played spades in years and it's so fun because of all the trash talking.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      I don't know how to play. I know how to play Rummy and Texas Hold'em though.

I love playing Texas Hold'em. If we were driving I'd bring my chips along! Smile

Michelle

The Greatest of All Time

Hold 'em is only fun if you're playing for real money. That's all I play in Vegas. I can teach you how to play spades in about 10 minutes. It's the official card game of the U.S. Military and fun as hell to play.

Why is it sideways?

I'm in.
            bdub

Shoe Alarmist

It's the official card game of the U.S. Military and fun as hell to play.
              It is also the official card game of college. I had a 3rd shift gig back then and we could bust out a game a night leveraging our 15 minute breaks and "lunch" hour. The only difference between college & 3rd shift was the little/big.
              JakeKnight

Dorks. Giant flaming dorks.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

Why is it sideways?

Dorks. Giant flaming dorks.
                  So, you're in too. Sweet.
                  JakeKnight

So, you're in too. Sweet.
                    Oh, yeah. Of course.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

So, when will these games happen? Fri, Sat, or Sun?

Michelle

S&M Collector

The games will happen over dinner at Olive Garden....every day. Tongue
                        Come across any cool medals lately?
                          I should have known!

Michelle

HA!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

The Greatest of All Time

I am thinking Friday night for Spades. Most Some of you will be too mental the night before to have a card game. Yes, Tweak I meant you.

Because there's nothing remotely mental about folks from all over the country getting together to play Spades on a Friday night.