Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Ya know, whatever (Read 528 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I just invited a 2:55 marathoner who is a school teacher in NY to run the Monkey. For real Think she'll accept? Evil grin

The Greatest of All Time

I am thinking NO!
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        Quit inviting fast women.

Mishka-old log

Did someone say "fast women?"
            Quit inviting fast women.
            Really. Particularly if she's over 40. mta: Oh. I just realized who you're talking about. Okay with me if she accepts, but don't let her start with the elites.

mta: Oh. I just realized who you're talking about. Okay with me if she accepts, but don't let her start with the elites.
              There goes my age group win.

As if the Monkey has age group categories.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I think we should let the slower people start 20 minutes early.
                    I think we should let the slower people start 20 60 minutes early.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

pfriese

I think we should let the slower people start 20 60 minutes early.
                      It would still be dark if we slow runners were to start 1 hour earlier. Since flying monkeys are extinct in Oklahoma and we have no serious hills either, I need some information. 1. Are the flying monkeys nocturnal? 2. More active at dawn? 3. Also, are the hills less steep before sunrise? Paul
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The sun rises at 7am or so that morning.
                          1. Are the flying monkeys nocturnal? 2. More active at dawn? 3. Also, are the hills less steep before sunrise?
                          Paul, from what I hear, the monkeys will get us no matter what, so questions one and two are moot. The hills are not less steep before sunrise but since you cannot see them, you will be filled with dread for a slightly shorter amount of time.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

pfriese

Paul, from what I hear, the monkeys will get us no matter what, so questions one and two are moot. The hills are not less steep before sunrise but since you cannot see them, you will be filled with dread for a slightly shorter amount of time.
                            Yup, you're probably correct. Questions one, two and three are irrelevant since the monkeys will get us one way or the other.
                              You know what...from a locals perspective, yes, the hills are less steep before sunrise.