Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Bit by a flying monkey (Read 484 times)

Intentionally Blank

Long run in Monkeyville yesterday. (Yes, Tuesday). Felt a sting on top of my head, and then an excruciating burning sensation on my scalp. It hurt all day, and then today I have a swollen line on my forehead. Some people think it's from a wasp, but I am pretty sure it was a flying monkey.
    Slice

I saw the victim of another monkey attack today. He could barely walk. He was lucky people came by and saved him at the right time. The sneaky little bastards made his blood sugar drop. You never know what weapon they'll use when they attack.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

xor

So the Monkeys of Percyville are a bit like... the Spanish Inquisition.

Interesting.

Mr MattM

I've wondered if I would fair better at PWP by bringing... a shrubbery!

Or, perhaps I could chop down the tallest tree with... a herring!

There is something so Pythonesque about the whole thing... I just... wait!  I know!  I will sing Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life while running!

Clearly, the aerial simians will not attack one who is singing such a song...

be curious; not judgmental

xor

I have it on authority that the favorite band of the flying monkey is The Who.

I wonder why.

Mr MattM

I wonder why.

I'm as surprised as these guys!

be curious; not judgmental

I ran in the park last Saturday morning. Foolishly I arrived at 6AM. During the week I'm normally on the road at by this time. I had forgotten that without street lights, the road would be dark. (It's ok, I forget how to tie my shoes on occasion as well.)

As I trudged under the canopy, I could just make out the road. Soon I heard the monkeys calling back a forth to each other. Luckily I was wearing a shirt from a previous Monkey race. This is why the let me pass.

"He wears the symbol sisters and brothers. Leave him for now and we shall harvest him on feast day."

"He is slow. Perhaps we will save him for the young monkeys. They must learn the ways of killing on these older beasts."

"Yes, perhaps. It maybe that he is diseased, in which case it would be better if we disposed of him quickly ourselves. Watch him, see if he can finish his chore. If he walks to much, we will terminate him, and drag him off to the far end of our domain to rot in peace."

I had no idea that the monkeys were this Gothic. Very Lovecraftian in their dialogue.

I think I'm bringing a crossbow on my next long run.

I wonder why.

Because flying monkeys are really just owls?

GET IT???

xor

No that is not why.

Flying Monkey is a bargain.  Best I ever had.

(and ain't no "just" to owls.  Owls are either hurty or Harry Pottical or both)

"run" "2" "eat"

yes, i see what you are saying there. for myself - flying monkey makes me happy, jack.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Because flying monkeys are really just owls?

Delusional

"run" "2" "eat"

because flying monkeys are really just delusional?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

xor

Delusional

You've tried that before.  We won't be fooled again.

A Saucy Wench

Just like yesterday

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

"run" "2" "eat"

whatever.

alls i know is that from luke lea, i can see for miles.