Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Thanks, Trent (Read 628 times)

Kalsarikännit

I thought you were going to push my face in your goodies before the race.  Those weird Hokas put you at just the right height...

You should be so lucky. And speaking of my goodies, thanks to the silly get-up I ran in, in that group photo they appear to be the size of Thunder's head. Jeebus.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

One of the reviews that was hidden by the MG moderators, from 7/31/12 (before registration even opened) -

Word is that the participants for this race are now 'chosen' by the RD based on how well he knows them/likes them. Apparently, hopefuls can even bribe the RD with beer, goodies, etc. to be guaranteed a spot.

I've never ran this race, but was interested. No more. This seems kind of weird and cliquey. I guess it is no longer a race but more of a party with invited guests or something.

Yep, sounds about right. Weighted lottery.

Smile

I had to bribe Trent with beer just to volunteer. But it was worth it.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Cool Jump Suit

Enjoyed seeing everyone.  I may even run this one again!  Maybe.

So bittersweet,
        This tragedy
        Won't ask for absolution;
        This melody,
        Inside of me,
        Still searches for solution.
        A twist of faith,
        A change of heart
        Cures my infatuation.
        A broken heart, 
        Provides the spark
        For my determination.

Hoodoo Guru

One of the reviews that was hidden by the MG moderators, from 7/31/12 (before registration even opened) -

Word is that the participants for this race are now 'chosen' by the RD based on how well he knows them/likes them. Apparently, hopefuls can even bribe the RD with beer, goodies, etc. to be guaranteed a spot.

I've never ran this race, but was interested. No more. This seems kind of weird and cliquey. I guess it is no longer a race but more of a party with invited guests or something.

Smile

Someone discovered your scam.  Now you'll never make the Race Directors Hall of Fame.

The tangents are moot.

Marathon Maniac #957

Awesome race, world's best volunteers, great swag, tasty beer, perfect weather, and tiny hills.   Thanks, Trent!

+1

And whoever it was who gave me that caramel vodka after the race - thanks!  New taste treats are always welcome.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

DoppleBock

Many times the conversation on the way home (10 hours) was I really don't want to run that stupid race again.  I hate the drive, it would be expensive to fly and rent a car for Jill and I to just be punished by running the race.

I also realize I never liked Trent that much anyway.

I guess my wife enjoyed her experience while in Nashville - So making the wife happy is the only possitive for the 20 hours of driving and worst marathon experience ever.

Plus meeting a bunch of you that was OK - I was suprised at how nice the Massholes were.

Dallas - It is always nice to chat with Dallas.

2013 goal #1  - Not run Monkey 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Kalsarikännit

Another thanks to Trent for taking some of us out on the red trail Monday morning. I have always been curious about the trails at PWP, and they did not disappoint. It was beautiful, and the trails themselves were perfect. I'm very envious of the Nashvillians.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

Monday's Dirty Monkey.

WP of HRC

Smile

One of the reasons HRC keeps volunteering for fluid station #3- more and more are getting sucked into this thing. (The rest of us just like to laugh at all of you.) You have at least three new converts who are hoping they can get in next year....