Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

18 miles of Monkey - a nice day in the park (Read 383 times)

Today I headed for them thar hills and ran 18 on the course. Everything was pleasant, sunshine and rainbows for the first 10 miles...but after that here are the things that got on my nerves: People flying around corners on bikes toward me at 100 mph - I really didn't like to side step that fast. Smoking mopeds I could smell for a mile Cars that got in my way Walnuts in the road that made me lose traction up the hills Not being able to decide if I wanted an uphill or a downhill around the next corner Squirrels that looked at me wrong Sounds in the trees that made me remember the last monkey attack The maze of trails from the main drive to where I parked at Vaughns Gap. But even with all that, it was a gorgeous day and I'm glad I ran instead of layed on a hillside like I saw some people doing...though that would have been fun too. Did anyone else run in the park today?

Why is it sideways?

I ran some easy trails--freaking beautiful day. Nice work on the long run, Tony!
        Thanks Jeff - looks like you had a nice run too. What time were you there? I started at about 2:00.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I coughed and chauffeured kids around town today.
            I coughed and chauffeured kids around town today.
            Still fighting that stuff huh? I was coughing some after the run...I wonder if the Monkeys are spreading germs in the park.

The Thunder

I swam, and wondered if my foot really is broken or not, and if I'll ever be able to run this damn marathon. Also, how many days can I actually take off from running....hmmm....I'll put the over/under at 4.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

I ran the 2nd half of the Monkey yesterday. Newsflash: Golf Course Hill still sucks.

Hoodoo Guru

I swam, and wondered if my foot really is broken or not, and if I'll ever be able to run this damn marathon. Also, how many days can I actually take off from running....hmmm....I'll put the over/under at 4.
                  This has been my greatest fear. I never had any doubts you could finish the Monkey, I only had doubts about you starting it. Ride your bike for a week and try again. Dammit, I'm not getting the Monkey tattoo unless you are also. Yours in barely concealed anger, Dallas

The tangents are moot.

The Thunder

This has been my greatest fear. I never had any doubts you could finish the Monkey, I only had doubts about you starting it. Ride your bike for a week and try again. Dammit, I'm not getting the Monkey tattoo unless you are also. Yours in barely concealed anger, Dallas
                    Heh. Maybe this was MY evil plan. Probably not. I still haven't given up monkey hope yet. You shouldn't either.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…