Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Does a flat route still count for Monkey Training? (Read 381 times)

I know a great doc you should see....don't be like Jeff and wait too long.
    I've promised to go to a doc after the Monkey. I don't want any bad news before then...Let me know the doctor's name when I see you at the par-tay.

The Thunder

I've promised to go to a doc after the Monkey. I don't want any bad news before then...Let me know the doctor's name when I see you at the par-tay.
      Will do, and he's not one of those "Stop Running" doctors. Hell, I had my ankle surgery and took 2 days off from running. He's the guy to see. Plus, he's worked with several Elite runners. Bob Kennedy, etc.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Was it all a dream?

Thanks. I'm trying to (foolishly?) avoid thinking of it as an achilles problem since my achilles doesn't really hurt. It's more the lump on the back of my heel that probably aggravtes the achilles insertion area now and then. Makes me walk funny (not ha ha) in the morning, but then is okay the rest of the day. It's been like that for more than a year. It bores holes in the back of all my running shoes.
        Sounds like it might be "Haglund's Deformity". I have that going on both of my heels. That's right, I'm deformed Tongue Apparently it can cause heel pain, but for me, it's more of just an annoyance when breaking in a new pair of running shoes (like you said, bores holes into the heels). I talked to a foot doc at one point and apparently the surgetical solution involves detaching the achilles tendon for the heel bone and then shaving the bone down to its normal size. But that's only a last resort.
          Will do, and he's not one of those "Stop Running" doctors.
          Awesome to find one of those... mine actually bargained with me (b/c of my specific injury) to lay off running until I did some PT. He's not interested in stopping the running craziness.
            Thanks Thunder. Sounds great.
            Sounds like it might be "Haglund's Deformity". .
            Yes, I've thought that's what it is too and/or irritation of the bursa which, in turn irritates the achilles from time to time. It's never bad enough to keep from running, though it is sore in the a.m. Do you have pain/stiffness in the morning from it? Strangely enough, after stretching and using heel pads for a few days, I got up this a.m. with less pain than I've had in eons. Or maybe it's just the psychological relief of admitting that I may have an injury.