Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Tom King and CM 1/2 (Read 571 times)

Hi, I usually post on the Master's thread, which used to be Boomer's, which is a much better description of me. Blush However, living in southern middle TN (Fayetteville) I wanted to find others who live fairly nearby in the same state and with whom I could possibly train, or at least chat. I run most races in Huntsville or Nashville. I did the Tom King last year, and have run the CM 1/2 twice, but not lately. I'd love to talk w/ anyone out there who is planning to do either or both and talk about training, the use or not of ipods, clothing, anything! Tanya, I've just scrolled through your blog and found it both funny and truthful. Helen

Oh Mighty Wing

Hi! Welcome, I live in PA, but I wanted to say hi.
        Hey Helen! I'll be doing the Tom King 1/2. Why don't you head on over to The Nashville Mini-Swamp as well. We're kinda scary, but loveable. Actually, I take that back, we're probably just scary. But you might love us. Or something like that... Things you must know if you plan to fit in... - Answer everything Trent asks you with "GETM" - Thunder is our mother, he gives lots of unsolicited advice. - Jeff is a dirty, fast, hippie. Some refer to him as Nashville's Messiah. - "Candicing" yourself is not recommended. - Being Nashvillian is just a state of mind. - Shan is Nashvillian. -Tanya will fill you in on the rest via her blog.

Oh Mighty Wing

oh yeah join us over there!!! We are fun!!!

Lazy idiot

I'm not Nashvillian, but I'm friggin' working on it.

Tick tock

Oh Mighty Wing

Drew you sure are friggin alot!

Lazy idiot

Drew you sure are friggin alot!
                Not cursing sucks. That's it... I *bleeping* give up. It's back to swearing for me. MTA: Sorry, everybody. I'm cranky.

Tick tock

Oh Mighty Wing

Not cursing sucks. That's it... I fucking give up. It's back to swearing for me.
                  well that probably scared her away! Tongue
                    Hi Helen! Ask away. I'm running Tom King 1/2, but probably not the CMM Half. I wholeheartedly support iPods, but get panicky over running skirts and fuelbelts. Honestly, though, I support anything anyone wants to do to get them through a race. Short of getting in my way.... Tongue There are probably more Nashvillians over in the Nashville Swamp that Candice mentioned, but everyone here obsessively checks both groups anyway (admit it, people), so post your questions either place.

Oh Mighty Wing

but everyone here obsessively checks both groups anyway (admit it, people), so post your questions either place.
                      I have no idea what you are talking about!!! Wink
                        Hi Tanya, Shan, Candice, et. al. Thanks for making me feel welcome. I have checked the swamp site and was very frightened by the pictures. Maybe I could be everyone's grandmother, since you already have a motherWink I look forward to hearing about everyone's training. I haven't actually entered the Tom King yet as I am looking for some sort of sign that tells me I should do it again. I am also interested in the race adjudica as I think my precious SIL is in charge of that but neither he nor DD ever tell me anything Confused Anyone got more info on that? As for CM 1/2, hats off to those who do the marathon. I've never done a marathon, but it sure wouldn't be that one! I always say "thank you Jesus!" when I come to the sign that says "marathoners this way.."
                          I have checked the swamp site and was very frightened by the pictures.
                          Yes, Candice is in every single one of them, so your fear is understandable. It terrifies me a little every time I go there too. You can get all the info you need about Race Judicata over at the Striders site (nashvillestriders.com). It's on Feb. 21st and there are absolutely NO hills on the entire route. (hee hee hee...) The race director is a woman, so unless your SIL isn't telling you something, I don't think he's the one in charge. And if you hang out here long enough, we'll pressure you into doing a full marathon.

Oh Mighty Wing

you can also set your preference so you don't have to see the pictures... just sayin...
                              If I could just block Trent's photos, I'd be okay. Tongue Welcome, Helen. I'm not from Nashville, but I wish I was. All the fun people live there. Big grin

Amy

Yes, Candice is in every single one of them, so your fear is understandable. It terrifies me a little every time I go there too.
                                Well, it is MY swamp. Just sayin.