Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

2010 Monkey smack down (Read 882 times)

Skooter 3.0

Dude....keep your beta in your pants...PLEASE!

Goals?

You can get there, we all know it...that's why you need to do it.

Yeah, my money's on the Weasel this year. He's more of a natural. I mean, if he trains and everything.

Lazy idiot

Yeah, my money's on the Weasel this year. He's more of a natural. I mean, if he trains and everything.

Oh, fuck.

Tick tock

Skooter 3.0

Oh, he'll hit his goal times, but he won't come close to me.

Goals?

The King of Beasts

Any news on Tater vs. L Train at the Monkey this year?

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Skooter 3.0

Only that it needs to happen. I'm pretty sure they'd be running about the same pace as me, and I would be available to taunt one or both of them.

Goals?

Oh, he'll hit his goal times, but he won't come close to me.

I don't know...he ran a 21:40-something 5k and a 5:58 mile on fairly laughable training. If he trained consistently and non-comically, I think he could be moderatey fast.

DoppleBock

BTW - I think I am a long shot to hunt down KOB this year ... All that strong, fast, manly training he has been doing has me intimidated.

He has such big ..... prs

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

A Saucy Wench

hmm.. kinda hard for me to talk trash at this point.   Maybe I should think about actually running someday

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The King of Beasts

You still have me in the Marathon by a long way.  And you are really rolling the miles on.

The fun is in the hunt, and it was not fun but most certainly impressive to watch you run by me at the monkey last year, there was simply nothing I could do.  You were more fit and trained harder, and you won.

as it should be.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

The King of Beasts

hmm.. kinda hard for me to talk trash at this point.   Maybe I should think about actually running someday

actually it looks like you are running pretty well.

you have just been forgetting to log your runs? right?

A Saucy Wench

actually it looks like you are running pretty well.

you have just been forgetting to log your runs? right?

Sadly not so much.  I have an aborted run that I havent logged yet from last Thursday and then I finally ran again yesterday.

Alright Drew.  I'll throw down.  If you don't go sub 4  I will beat you.  You seriously do not want to be taken down by a slightly chubby  "curvy" old lady do you? 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Lazy idiot

Alright Drew.  I'll throw down.  If you don't go sub 4  I will beat you.  You seriously do not want to be taken down by a slightly chubby  "curvy" old lady do you? 

Bring it, sister.  And if I'm beat by you, the one positive I can take is that I'll have gotten to watch you pass me. 

Tick tock

The Thunder

You still have me in the Marathon by a long way.  And you are really rolling the miles on.

The fun is in the hunt, and it was not fun but most certainly impressive to watch you run by me at the monkey last year, there was simply nothing I could do.  You were more fit and trained harder, and you won.

as it should be.

+1 to both of you.  It was bittersweet to see it last year.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

C-R

I need to get something on the line this year. Can't run with the big dogs and hate chasing a clock (fucking thing never changes pace). Any ideas? Who's in the 3:20 - 3:30 range? I hate being a tweener.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/