Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Monkey '13: Faster than a Flying Banana (Read 86 times)

Hoodoo Guru

How does a weighted lottery work?

If I remember the formula correctly, it is: (weight x .75)+ (2 x number of past FMs run) + (1 x number of times volunteering) + number of beers you have bought Trent.  Bonus points added or subtracted at Trent's discretion.  So my score is 150+12+1+5=168.  Add 5 points for being an RA member.  Subtract 10 points for putting up "I hate Trent" signs at last year's event.  So my score is 163.  Then reverse the number (361) for your Official Weighted Lottery Score.  Trent will then flip a coin to decide whether he takes the 300 highest scores or 300 lowest scores.

The tangents are moot.

Mr MattM

If I remember the formula correctly, it is: (weight x .75)+ (2 x number of past FMs run) + (1 x number of times volunteering) + number of beers you have bought Trent.  Bonus points added or subtracted at Trent's discretion.  So my score is 150+12+1+5=168.  Add 5 points for being an RA member.  Subtract 10 points for putting up "I hate Trent" signs at last year's event.  So my score is 163.  Then reverse the number (361) for your Official Weighted Lottery Score.  Trent will then flip a coin to decide whether he takes the 300 highest scores or 300 lowest scores.

Well done!

be curious; not judgmental

Hoodoo Guru

"Thank you for putting your name in the hat for the Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon. We will select participants for Monkey via a weighted randomization scheme, and will try to let you know your fate no later than August 15 at 8am Central time. Good luck; with any luck you will avoid having to run this thing."

You misspelled "scam."

The tangents are moot.

bhearn

Kalsarikännit

So funny. Ben's award once he hits ten consecutive?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

jfa

That's one heck of a crotch, monkey.

Bob, did you have to bring him on the plane?