Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Who's planning on being painfully slow this monkey? (Read 515 times)

xor

I have no idea what I may or may not have agreed to here...so maybe?!

Well, the guidelines are a little fuzzy, but it seems to involve drinking some (small, in my case) quantity of beer, and then walkjogrunning back onto the course in reverse, finding someone who may (or may not, ha) want a buddy, and running it in with that person.  Then repeating, if desired.

Originally I was suggesting that Anney fill up a water bottle w/ beer and head back out, but shaken beer in a plastic bottle is not good beer.

IMKY13 finish!!

I plan on running around 10-11 minute miles & probably walking some hills (especially in the second half).  My goal is to finish in under 5 hours....heck, I'll settle for 4:59:59.

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

A Saucy Wench

hmmmmm. considering 2 miles at 10:30 was a good run for me yesterday........

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Well, the guidelines are a little fuzzy, but it seems to involve drinking some (small, in my case) quantity of beer, and then walkjogrunning back onto the course in reverse, finding someone who may (or may not, ha) want a buddy, and running it in with that person.  Then repeating, if desired.

Originally I was suggesting that Anney fill up a water bottle w/ beer and head back out, but shaken beer in a plastic bottle is not good beer.

One would have to be in sad shape to find any benefit in me running them in, especially after drinking. Or maybe drinking beer would make me a faster runner? ...I bet I could go faster doing log rolls on the down hills than running them...especially with the extra cushion from the peeps.

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

xor

But it involves drinking beer!  And runjogwalking!

It could only be more fun if it also involved pie.

Wait.

It can!

Monkey shitface piehole.

(hmmm.  that sounds yucky.  Pieface maybe)

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Too much face

What's wrong with you people?

I'm gonna win the damn thing.

Unless Tracy does.

Crap, I forgot to keep training after TCM...

Is this real life?

xor

Too much face

I do have extra face.  Sigh.

A Saucy Wench

Are you really asking?  Because I could give you the body part by body part rundown just like Great Aunt Sylvia.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

aw jeez, doug... it IS doug, right? you are either a completely geniunely nice person or the absolute best troll ever, but either way - you didn't upset me. i was born upset - it's genetic. after reading your post, i feel like i kicked a puppy.

It is Doug. And you did not kick a puppy. I have been down on my own since last week when SI joint problems Came back.  And not a troll or at least not to my knowedge. Last week had a lot of time on my hands to have a pity party. Went out with my wife and her and I did a 10 k this past weekend. Hip hurt but I think as of know I will survive. 11mm are my upper range most likely will be in the 12-13mm. Have been experimenting with run 3 mins walk 45sec repeat. Worked pretty good but not sure what will happen race day. My only goal is to finish and meet peeps.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

xor

Are you really asking?  Because I could give you the body part by body part rundown just like Great Aunt Sylvia.

I'll bite.  What's wrong with me besides having "extra face".

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Too Much to list.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

I know whats wrong with you guys. I was just askin to be polite and stuff.

Extra face sounds like a problem though. You can run off extra butt, but I don't think you can run off extra face. Good luck with that.

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

I'll bite.  What's wrong with me besides having "extra face".

You don't have extra face! I was referring to the "Monkey shitface piehole face" thing.

Skooter 3.0

Candice S.

Weird.

Goals?