Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Packet pickup (Read 433 times)

"run" "2" "eat"

whatever. all i am saying is that the two should not be equated.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Elly.

At the JCC pool in the Summer, Sunday mornings there are loads of Jews and Sunday afternoons there are loads of Catholics.

The surrounding suburbs are called "Hannukah Hollow" or "Vatican Valley" depending on your point of view.  The JCC is on one hill, and St. Henry Catholic Church on the other hill.   Seems to have worked out well. 

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

xor

Do druids float in water?

"run" "2" "eat"

completely dependent on their BMI.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Kalsarikännit

WG, shiksas are for practice, so you should be fine.

I had to look up the word.  Naturally, I turned to Wikipedia.

The word shiksa is etymologically partly derived from the Hebrew term שקץ, שכץ sheketz, which means "abomination", "impure," or "object of loathing", depending on the translator.

Several dictionaries define "shiksa" as a disparaging and offensive term applied to a non-Jewish girl or woman.

The word (written "siksa", pronounced "shiksa") in Polish Gentile culture is a popular pejorative (but often teasing or affectionate) word for an immature young girl or teenager. It means "pisspants" and is roughly equivalent to the English terms "snot-nosed brat", "little squirt", or "kid". It is a conflation between the Hebrew term and usage of the Polish word "sikać" ("to urinate").

In South America (Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay), the term "shiksa" is used by both Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews to indicate a housekeeper or maid and not simply a non-Jewish female.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

I always heard it applied to non-J gal, uh, "holding hands with" J guy.

But I'm all for "pisspants".

Trent: DirtyGraceFlint and I can officially come work the big Monkey Expo at 1:30.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wow WG.  You sure have put a lot of research into this.  Are you volunteering?

BTW, in common modern parlance, it simply means non Jewish girl and is used partly as a pejorative but partly as an affectionate.  e.g., "shiksas are for practice".

Kalsarikännit

Wow WG.  You sure have put a lot of research into this.  Are you volunteering?

Nah.  I just looked up a word I didn't know earlier (but didn't get to post the interesting definition until I was done getting the idiots intoxicated).

Yes I am volunteering for packet pick-up.  No, I am not volunteering to be your Argentinian housekeeper.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey