Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

2010 Monkey smack down (Read 882 times)

DoppleBock

Its never too early to start talking smack about who your gonna take down at Monkey ... Anyone care to share who their prey is this year?

I just will be happy if I can participate again this year.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

The King of Beasts

I have my eye on someone. 

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Hawt and sexy

Is she hawt? 

I'm touching your pants.

The King of Beasts

Is she hawt? 

ummm.. not really.

actually he oinks sometimes.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

The Thunder

Sub 3 hours...and take down all but a few.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Hoodoo Guru

My goal is still to jump out of the trees and take down Andrew as he crests the back side of 3 Mile Hill.  Unless Liz remembers this year to bring the homebrew for the water stop.

The tangents are moot.

The Thunder

My goal is still to jump out of the trees and take down Andrew as he crests the back side of 3 Mile Hill.  Unless Liz remembers this year to bring the homebrew for the water stop.

If you don't time your jump just right....you won't catch back up to me.  You've got one shot to get this right...my money is on me. 

Lazy idiot

Sub 4 hours...and take down Trent.

Fixed it for me.

Tick tock

Skooter 3.0

Fixed it for me.

Sub 4 eh...heh. We'll see.

Goals?

The Thunder

Sub 4 eh...heh. We'll see.

+1

I hate to +1 against my boy Drew...but it is that time of year for you to talk the talk...and not run the run. 

Lazy idiot

+1

I hate to +1 against my boy Drew...but it is that time of year for you to talk the talk...and not run the run. 

Not sure exactly what you're implying?

1) That I talk a big game every spring and end up doing nothing.  Well, that's historically true.  I'll grant you that.

2) That I'm doing no running right now.  I've always been the first to admit that I run less mileage than a lot of the people here and in the Swamp.  But in the last few weeks after overcoming sickness I've worked into the plan set before me and run the best consistent mileage I've ever put together in such a span.  I also know that three weeks ain't shit.  And so until I remain consistent for months on end, and kick the shit out of my PR's at any distance I choose to race in the next six to eight months, I'll let you have this one, too.

Tick tock

The Thunder

Not sure exactly what you're implying?

1) That I talk a big game every spring and end up doing nothing.  Well, that's historically true.  I'll grant you that.

2) That I'm doing no running right now.  I've always been the first to admit that I run less mileage than a lot of the people here and in the Swamp.  But in the last few weeks after overcoming sickness I've worked into the plan set before me and run the best consistent mileage I've ever put together in such a span.  I also know that three weeks ain't shit.  And so until I remain consistent for months on end, and kick the shit out of my PR's at any distance I choose to race in the next six to eight months, I'll let you have this one, too.

I just looked at your log.  First time in a while.  Not too shabby.  Less emphasis on the long run, more emphasis on running day in and day out.  You can get there, we all know it...that's why you need to do it.

Lazy idiot

I just looked at your log.  First time in a while.  Not too shabby.  Less emphasis on the long run, more emphasis on running day in and day out.  You can get there, we all know it...that's why you need to do it.

Hasn't been much to look at in quite some time.

I don't disagree with your assessment, but for now it's "whatever coach says, I'm doing".  After the race, we'll reevaluate and put together a summer/fall plan and running more will be the bulk.

Tick tock

DoppleBock

Oink!

But I do find it a bit humorous that a pig spent Monkey 2009 stalking the KOB and in the end got the kill.  I would guess the pig will again be hunting the KOB as its prey.  If the result of the hunt was known, it would take the joy out of hunting.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey