Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Idiots (Read 317 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My dear pitiful monkey runner.

Lots of doom and gloom here.  Less than 2 weeks.  You cannot train, and you should not bother to taper.  More doom and gloom.  Monkey is gonna hurt.  Doom.  Gloom.  Running is stupid.  Monkeys are mean.  Hills are big.  Doom and gloom.

Why should I even bother trying to warn you?  It is just hopeless.  Alas.  In 13 days, you'll see.  When faced with the gravity of the situation, perhaps then your denial will melt away.  Alas.  At least I can sleep at night, knowing that you have been warned.

Anyhow.  Some info that I have sent you before and will share again.

The night before the marathon, Dallas has arranged for an all-you-can-eat thing at Savarino's Cucina, a family-owned, small Italian restaurant with great cookies. Pizza.  Pasta.  Yummy!  BYOB with corkage fees if you want.  This is where we did it last year. The cost will be $15 per person. Cash. If you want to go, send Dallas an email with your numbers so we can make sure there is enough food - dallasdig@gmail.com . This is the location:

2121 Belcourt Ave
    Nashville, TN 37212
    (615) 460-9878

Before you eat:

- Packet pickup will still be at the Gordon JCC on November 21, 2009 between 2pm and 4pm. The JCC is located at 801 Percy Warner Blvd, Nashville, TN 37148. This is less than 2 miles from the race start/finish area. Here is a map to the GJCC: http://tinyurl.com/MonkeyPacketPickup . Packet pickup will ALSO be available race morning adjacent to the starting line if sleep is not important to you.

- Want to shower postrace?  You will have access to the showers at the JCC for just $6.  Bring your own towel.  Tell them that you are with the marathon which used the aerobics room the day before.

- Bring food. If you want. Monkey runners and volunteers always seem to outdo each other and those in prior years. A veritable smorgasbord. I think Monkeys like to eat stringy runners, so the more there is to eat postrace, the safer you will be. Bring something salty if you can, since most folks seem to like to make dessertish foods.

- We will probably do awards and door prizes at about 1:30 pm, right after the acid punk monkey band finishes playing, and about 90 minutes after the keg is tapped.  So plan to hang out with us.  If you are done by then, that is.  

See you soon.  You silly fools.

May the hills be with you.

Trent

Lazy idiot

- We will probably do awards and door prizes at about 1:30 pm, right after the acid punk monkey band finishes playing, and about 90 minutes after the keg is tapped.  So plan to hang out with us.  If you are done by then, that is.  

It's a shame the band's set is only going to be 30 minutes long, I've heard they're good. 

Tick tock

Lazy idiot

right.  skootr knows what I'm talking about.

Tick tock

Skooter 3.0

Would've gone longer, but I may be too winded from the epic skooter and drew monkey showdown.

Goals?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

competition is better than a pacer