Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Cali-Monkey Dreamin' (Read 549 times)

Sounds good to me!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Elly.

Quote from dallas on 11/3/2009 at 1:51 PM:

There are some interesting mansions on Chickering, one of the streets that border PWPark.  The Governor of Tenn. lives in one of them.  There is an odd looking house that you can see from the course that looks like a flat triangle.  When it was built 15 years ago or so I think it must have been the only house in Middle Tennessee that was something other than ranch or colonial because it was a huge deal.  There are some some monster houses (both mansions and McMansions) in the neighborhoods surrounding the park.

Lots of million dollar homes (or former million dollar homes) out there.

Not many prospectors that I know of.

I saw no mansions from the course except in the wee distance overlooking the steeplechase but then again I may have been delerious from the lack of oxygen. I do recall some shanty near the golf course though. About the same place I noticed all of the buzzards.

You did not look hard enough C-R.  You missed the "Small" Mansion.  The owner put in a turret as his "thinking room".  It's backlit in the night ... but you would not see it in the daytime.  You need to look to your right after you take the big downhill from the golf course ... then past the 4 way, comes a clearing ... on your right, but before the trees take over.  Ya got that?????  

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

C-R

Oh I saw that monstrosity. Mansion says you. Lego house built by someone on crack says I.

Now those homes on the way to the Stone Gates, those are mansions but that neighborhood looks a bit dicey.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

The Thunder

Who wants to go to Pizza Perfect for lunch with Ben and I?!

Bzzzzzzzzz   I'm in!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

A Saucy Wench

If I am in town I'm in.  I'll have nothing to do but eat and drink that weekend so might as well make the most of it.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Maybe.  Depends on what all I am doing.  Which PP?

Lazy idiot

May be in.  There's a football game we'll probably be watching somewheres.

Tick tock

Maybe.  Depends on what all I am doing.  Which PP?

Maybe Bellevue. More convenient for everyone probably assuming everyone is staying in that area again...

21st is good too though, though not really a lot of room if a lot of people go...unless it's not cold outside.

MTA: Trent, do you even like Pizza Perfect?

MTA: Trent, do you even like Pizza Perfect?

I'm just gonna say it. Pizza Perfect will be at least 150% better than the pizza on the "buffet" the night before the Monkey.

I'm just gonna say it. Pizza Perfect will be at least 150% better than the pizza on the "buffet" the night before the Monkey.

Agreed.

And for what it's worth, I love Pizza Perfect. It's about the only pizza place I ever ate in Nashville.

Fortunately there's a better place here in Minneapolis...so I don't miss it much.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent, do you even like Pizza Perfect?

Yep.

Bellevue is more convenient for me and for those checking out the park.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yep.

Bellevue is more convenient for me and for those checking out the park.

Yea, same.

C-R

Been there during some visits and is close to where my cousin lives. Good pizza. I would enjoy joining you guys for lunch. LMK if this becomes a reality.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

MC and I would also like to join you guys for pizza on Friday.  Really looking forward to seeing everyone again!  Smile

Amy