Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Pre-Race and Post Race ... (Read 931 times)

xor

The Day of the Monkey sounds intriguing.

I'm in.

I think I could do 3.  I think.

DB could likely do 5.

Kalsarikännit

So, it looks like the plan is to hit Yazoo at 4:30, then anyone who is interested can explore some of Nashville's fine honkytonks. Trent will be there. Don't let that deter you from coming out! Dallas has said that he is in, and I can assure you that in person he may be the funniest of the RA'ers. Yazoo is at 910 Division Street.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

DoppleBock

I would not think 5 - but 4+

If it were the 24 hours of Monkey - I would not want it set up like the marathon - Loopy stuff, but just the 11.2 over and over again.

The Day of the Monkey sounds intriguing.

I'm in.

I think I could do 3.  I think.

DB could likely do 5.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Hoodoo Guru

Dallas has said that he is in, and I can assure you that in person he may be the funniest of the RA'ers. Yazoo is at 910 Division Street.

That says more about the sad state of RA than it does about me.

The tangents are moot.

Slice

I'm in for Mafiaoza's. I got DH to agree to keep the midgets. Woo hoo!

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Jill_B

I fly.

Count me (and the wife and kid) in for post race Mafiosza's, pre race pasta dinner, pre-packet pickup pizza if it is also occurring, and Saturday morning Monkey run (just me for that one, though).  And Ennay and Drew - me makes three.

And depending on what time we hit town on Friday I'd be down for some honky-tonkin and beer-.swillin.  Somebody from the Friday group PM me your cell so I can cathc up with you all. 

And Oh yeah - We'll be at the Microtel as well.

I'm sad to say that I will be at Mafiosza's without pickle candy canes.  I cannot find them.  I thought it would make a nice present for you... candy

Bring it on.

Well you're in luck. I'll be at Mafiaozas WITH pickle candy canes.

(Not really. WTF?)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I stopped by Sun King and Flat12 and picked up a growler from each.

Sun King Radar Love (Belgian Blonde)

Flat12 Argo Canadian Lager (eh?)

I also spotted this at Sun King.

Have you had it yet Trent?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Jill_B

I fly.

Well you're in luck. I'll be at Mafiaozas WITH pickle candy canes.

(Not really. WTF?)

Not really?  Well then fine.  Please bring butter instead.  On spoons.  Because that's how I like to eat my delicious butter. 

Bring it on.

Marathon Maniac #957

If it were the 24 hours of Monkey - I would not want it set up like the marathon - Loopy stuff, but just the 11.2 over and over again.

Strangely, I'm intrigued...I think I would have to punish myself with this.....would there be beer along the course?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

xor

The Day of the Monkey could have unofficial beer somewhere... but I'm pretty sure that Jam Master Trent has to do a very specific deal with the Authoritay to get beer at Flying Monkey (it doesn't open until noon, there's a roped off beer-garden, and there's usually a menacing*** uniformed fellow poking about).

*** joke. The dudes I've met over the years haven't been menacing at all. Heck, there may not even be a dude every year and he/she may not have anything to do with the beer whatsoever.

Not really?  Well then fine.  Please bring butter instead.  On spoons.  Because that's how I like to eat my delicious butter. 

I see what you did there.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have not had that SK Smile

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Agree.

Another option, rather than 24 hours of Monkey, would be to do it Backyard Ultra style. Pick a time, say 120 minutes. You have 120 minutes to complete the 11.2. Everybody who completes the loop in that time gets to run the next lap. 120 minutes. Repeat. Winner is last runner standing. No banking time.

...2 loops in 240 minutes, easy. 3 loops in 360 minutes, not as easy. 4 loops in 480 minutes? ... ???

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

There are a lot of Gerwins working water stop #1 with me on Sat.  I assume that's your family.  I'll try to be on my best behavior.

Those be mine.  And I'll try and see if I can get the same commitment from them.  I'm not guaranteeing anything, either.