Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Monkey Dreams (Read 588 times)

A Saucy Wench

Since I wasnt actually training for or planning to finish this marathon I was surprised that I had my usual pre race weird dream last night.

The good news is I finished.  Helped mightily by the fact that the course was almost totally flat until the end, it wound through some indoor spots complete with the only water stop (run by runlizzy at mile 17) and fortunately some touristy fundraiser people who gave me a cookie at mile 20 when I realized I had no gu.   At one spot indoors the course was very confusing as you had to go through a mall bathroom and the back exit was in what looked like a stall. 

Oh, I was also helped by the fact that I was wearing roller skates.   Until the end.  Then the course turned into a 2-3 mile climb of about 15% grade where it ended at the top of a mountain.  That kind of sucked and I had to take off my skates - a bunch of people passed me when I stopped.  But then I realized the skates were probably cheating so it was just as well I didnt wear them to the finish.  But I made it to the top of the mountain where there was no pie and no medals and I realized that I had never gone to packet pickup. 

I notice I never tire in marathon dreams.  

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

DoppleBock

I hate confusing courses - I usually am running the best marathon of my life and then get lost in some hallway or stairwell - never tired, just lost and pissed off at the RD for such a poorly marked course.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

At one spot indoors the course was very confusing as you had to go through a mall bathroom and the back exit was in what looked like a stall. 

That's weird. Nearly all of my marathon dreams involve having to go through a confusing bathroom that has steep stairs or a ladder into another room with no door out.

The other night I dreamed that I finished a marathon and couldn't remember running it, and then realized I had been asleep the whole way. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

DB, the RD is running this one.  Just stick with him and you won't get lost.  If you do, you can punch him.

Lazy idiot

I was going to ask what was wrong with Ennay to have such a screwy dream.  But upon reading further, I wonder if I should ask if what's wrong with me since I don't have those?

Tick tock

The Thunder

Never had a marathon dream.  Never.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

A Saucy Wench

Never had a marathon dream.  Never.

You are missing out.  You run without getting tired, although like DB you often want to kill the RD, but that part isnt much different from real life.  Plus I got to see lizzy in the dream. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Lazy idiot

Plus I got to see lizzy in the dream. 

Continue...

Tick tock

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

DB, the RD is running this one.  Just stick with him and you won't get lost.  If you do, you can punch him.

Didn't the RD just run a 50K on some steep western trails that made even Mr. Muir stop and catch his breath?  

I had a night terror about this race a few weeks ago but it was much more boring and had no roller skates or mall bathrooms.  

C-R

the first slow runner

even the monkeys feel the fear

a little meal of bone

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Then the course turned into a 2-3 mile climb of about 15% grade

This starts at mile marker 18.  It's a lot more fun than it sounds though.

Then the course turned into a 2-3 mile climb of about 15% grade where it ended at the top of a mountain.    

It's nothing at all like that.  It's really just a 1-mile climb several times.  It's over very quickly.

Skooter 3.0

the first slow runner

even the monkeys feel the fear

a little meal of bone

FAIL. This could have been stated in haiku form for maximum effectiveness.

Also- Marathon dreams freakin rule. I have them a lot about a race I've stoked for, I've had about 3 monkey dreams, and for some reason they all have an awesome mansion that we run through.

Goals?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Then the course turned into a 2-3 mile climb of about 15% grade where it ended at the top of a mountain

BTW, this is an apt description of my 50k the other day. Over and friggen over again.
                              C-R

FAIL. This could have been stated in haiku form for maximum effectiveness.

No FAIL skirt boy - this was a direct rip-off of a classic Basho haiku with the words changed to reflect the monkey run.

Figured 1) the literate types here might catch it and 2) most all know that engineers and not the most gifted literary artists and would catch it that way.

Perhaps too subtle or no one cares. Can I have the latter for $200 Alex.

No marathon dreams but there was something about a fish and a bicycle

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/