Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Valor Simianis. (Read 20 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Valor Simianis. All Monkeys Must Die.

In Monkeyville, we hold the laws of hospitality sacred. The guest right is among the most important of these sacred laws of hospitality. Guest right is invoked upon sharing salt and bread. Whether you be of commoner or noble background, the guest right prevents harm from coming to pass for the length of your stay. The guest right protects you as it protects your host. So come to Monkeyville. Run, and eat. Share bread and salt. Pies and Gu.

The laws of hospitality are paramount. For without them, there is nothing but fear. You think this is nothing. Oh, my sweet summer child, what do you know of fear? Fear is for the race, my little lord, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep and the ice wind comes howling out of the north. Fear is for the long night, when the sun hides its face for years at a time, and little children are born and live and die all in darkness while even monkeys grow gaunt and hungry as they move through the woods.

So feel the fear, but respect it. Fear cuts deeper than swords. Do not let it keep you from the hills.

Monkey is coming.

And note this well -

- We still have charity registration spots available. The charity spots support a donation to the park where we hold this little event. Convince your friends of madness, invite them to come and share in the wars to be fought in the hills.

- The laws of hospitality ask that you bring some food and/or drink to share with the rest of the monkeys post race pot-luck style. This act will protect you from that which dwells in the hills. As always, I will be making home-made monkey pumpkin pies. Lots of them. What will you bring?

- We are still looking for volunteers on race morning or for the Thursday night before the race from 4-8pm. So if you know of anybody smart enough not to run who wants to come out and spend a sweltering or freezing morning in the park helping out, please let us know. Volunteers are awesome!

- Your registration info is posted on the Monkey's website AND here: http://www.runningahead.com/events/Monkey/participants. Please take a look to make sure it is correct.

- None of us is ever ready. If you happen to realize this wisdom and realize you won't be able to make it to Monkey, please let me know so I can offer your spot to one of the foolish fools on our foolish wait list.

- Packet pickup should be at the Gordon JCC on November 22, 2014 between 2pm and 4pm, if I get off my lazy rear end and get that organized. The JCC is located at 801 Percy Warner Blvd, Nashville, TN 37148. This is less than 2 miles from the race start/finish area. Here is a map to the GJCC:http://tinyurl.com/MonkeyPacketPickup . Packet pickup will also be available race morning adjacent to the starting line.

- For those of you who want a post-race shower but are checking out of your hotel room, you can return to the JCC located at 801 Percy Warner Blvd, Nashville, TN 37148. They will need you to show your bib and bring your own towel and soap. They may also charge you the $5 guest fee.

- We plan to offer Yazoo Beer after the race to those who are of the correct drinking age. Yazoo is good brew, local and tasty. If you want to enjoy some, please bring your ID with you to the race. You don't have to run with it, but once the beer is available after noon, you will need your ID. If you want to tweet your grand appreciation for this, use these tags: @YazooBrew and @yazoobrewmaster

- We plan to have swag for sale at packet pickup and then post-race, with all proceeds going to support the Friends of Warner Parks, the charity that keeps Monkeyville spectacular. We like to support the parks. Cash appreciated. And cheap!

- The Twitter Monkey hashtag: #MonkeyMarathon. You can also Tweet @hhFlyingMonkey, if'n you want.

- The website lists information about where there is lodging near the race and restaurants where you can dine over the weekend. In addition, if you have further questions, feel free to holler or to put out a query on our message board: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/HHFMM/forum. If you post there, please don't mind the monkey business.

If you look back you are lost.

A Dance with Monkeys
    Trent