Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Travel Plans (Read 600 times)

I know it's still a long way off, but I like to make sure my plans are all squared away. If there's something I'm missing please let me know. 1. Airfare 2. Hotel room 3. Rental car 4. Dinner reservations I'm still looking for something to do on that Saturday. Since I've never been to Nashville before and I may never go again, I'd like to see something really cool (umm, besides Trent's calves). Any suggestions?

Michelle

The Thunder

I know it's still a long way off, but I like to make sure my plans are all squared away. If there's something I'm missing please let me know. 1. Airfare 2. Hotel room 3. Rental car 4. Dinner reservations I'm still looking for something to do on that Saturday. Since I've never been to Nashville before and I may never go again, I'd like to see something really cool (umm, besides Trent's calves). Any suggestions?
      Ahhh there is plenty to do in Nashville! We usually get a good pre race dinner group together too. Someone will set it up this year. Be sure to check out the 'chatter' on the real website. There is usually something there when it's closer to race time about dinner. Trent will give you some good tourist ideas about what to do on Saturday. I recommend checking out the Opryland Hotel!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Oh Mighty Wing

I am soo excited! We haven't arranged any of that stuff yet because I am waiting to try the 11.2 - August 2nd. If any of you want to come keep me company I'll be running pretty early. Probably by 7:30am. (if I can find it and not get lost!)

The Thunder

I will either do that, or i'll be doing a duathlon.

Oh Mighty Wing

ohh that sounds fun!
              Shannon, have you figured out what night you'll arrive in for the Monkey weekend? Does your husband definitely want to go with?

Michelle

Mississippi, do you know where you're staying yet (i.e. closer to downtown or closer to the race)?

Amy

The Thunder

Mississippi, do you know where you're staying yet (i.e. closer to downtown or closer to the race)?
                  I would do downtown...it will only take you about 10 minutes to get to the race from there on race morning...and you'll have much more to do afterwards!

Thanks, Thunder. That's what I'll do then. Smile MTA: I noticed in one of the reviews that the Opryland Hotel is a mere block away from the Cracker Barrel. Watch out, sock monkeys!

Amy

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I disagree. The hotels near the race are fine. If you stay downtown, then you won't be inclined to run to your room, grab a shower, then come back out for the ongoing postrace chowdown. And the "ten minutes" is halfway across town, not the same as the hotels which are around the corner. Much more to do afterwords? You can still drive downtown. Frankly, there is not much to do on a late Sunday afternoon in downtown Nashville.
                        Okay. I will ponder this (meaning, I will wait to see what others do).

Amy

JakeKnight

I disagree. The hotels near the race are fine. If you stay downtown, then you won't be inclined to run to your room, grab a shower, then come back out for the ongoing postrace chowdown. And the "ten minutes" is halfway across town, not the same as the hotels which are around the corner. Much more to do afterwords? You can still drive downtown. Frankly, there is not much to do on a late Sunday afternoon in downtown Nashville.
                          I agree with Trent. I'd stay close. Although if you really need a shower, his house is like 2 miles away. And so is mine. Don't mind the cameras.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                          -----------------------------

Lazy idiot

And so is mine. Don't mind the cameras.
                            Open invite... sweet. I'll bring my schweddy balls (and a stogie).

Tick tock

The Thunder

Who let you in here? Actually good points. Whatever. Either way, you're not far away from the race...or downtown. Nicer hotels downtown if you like that sort of thing though.

Who let you in here? Actually good points. Whatever. Either way, you're not far away from the race...or downtown. Nicer hotels downtown if you like that sort of thing though.
                                These days I don't like paying for that sort of thing. I guess I can't drive down, run it, hang out, and drive back. Did that the last time I went to Nashville.