Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Travel Plans (Read 600 times)

I do.
    I now pronounce you jackass and retard.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

JakeKnight

Ah. I liked Calves and the Primate. You could at least capitalize it. Sheeesh. Am I the Jackass or the Retard?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Lazy idiot

Am I the Jackass or the Retard?
        That's the beauty of this suggestion, it doesn't really matter. Thanks, Tanya!

Tick tock

"run" "2" "eat"

Am I the Jackass or the Retard?
          yes.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Dude. We're gonna be neighbors.
            I'm set for the Hampton too. Is it a good idea to run a 12 hour event the weekend before the Monkey?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I'm set for the Hampton too. Is it a good idea to run a 12 hour event the weekend before the Monkey?
              I heard someone say that tapering is overrated.
                I heard someone say that tapering is overrated.
                Cool. I heard that too.

Cool. I heard that too.
                  BTW, are you talking about Ultracentric?
                    BTW, are you talking about Ultracentric?
                    Mmmhmmm. I'm still trying to decide whether the 1 mile loop course will crush any remnants of my sanity so that I can run the Monkey unfettered.

Mmmhmmm. I'm still trying to decide whether the 1 mile loop course will crush any remnants of my sanity so that I can run the Monkey unfettered.
                      Good plan. 12 hours, though? What's your longest run? MTA: Looks like Ultracentric 6-hour? 4 hour marathon + 2 hours of walking?
                        Yes, it was the Ultracentric 6 hour. More like 3 hours of "running" with 3 hours of run/walking. The 12 hour would be a good chance to see about 50 miles or passing out. Whichever comes first.

Yes, it was the Ultracentric 6 hour. More like 3 hours of "running" with 3 hours of run/walking. The 12 hour would be a good chance to see about 50 miles or passing out. Whichever comes first.
                          14'24" pace. That's all. Race walkers do it all the time. ...and complain how f-ing tired they are at 13.1 miles. Your "marathon hike" entry and the whole Ultracentric concept made me think of the Bataan Memorial Death March.

Oh Mighty Wing

So it looks like we will be driving. As the flying expenses are a little too rich for our blood. So we will drive down Fri/Sat and drive home either Sun/Mon or just Mon. So what do you think will be worse: a) running the monkey b) driving the 13 hours home (~800 miles) after running the monkey I've already warned DH that I will have to sit in the back of the car and I may be incapable of driving. I must be nuts.
                              So what do you think will be worse: a) running the monkey b) driving the 13 hours home (~800 miles) after running the monkey
                              A wins. I drove home 500 miles from my first marathon. It's not as big a deal as some make it out to be.