Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

weather sunday (Read 36 times)

tlove1967

so....now the weather says 90% chance of rain and thunderstorms....ugh...sheesh...what's next??? yeh...yeh..I know Monkeys!!

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

Worrying about the weather for Monkey is like worrying how windy it might be when you jump out of an airplane without a parachute.

Elly.

Honestly, I can't imagine temps in the 60's for Sunday while I'm shivering my ass off in windy 25 degrees temp today.

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Okay, here’s the deal.

Everybody is freaking out because of the 100% chance of thunderstorms, strong wind and a general fact that there will be weather, all scheduled to hit right as the race begins.

So some points about the weather: 1) I have no intention of canceling the race; 2) I have no intention of charging you extra for the added suffering; 3) this is Monkey, and you asked for it, so stop whining; and 4) if there are conditions that appear to be dangerous—such as nearby lightning or tornadoes—at start time, I may delay the race start.

Our prime concern is for the safety of our volunteers and participants. I will monitor and assess conditions race morning. In the meantime: plan to come out and suffer get wet, have fun and stick around after for meat and mead, bread and salt, pies and beer.

Stop whining. Monkeys don't whine.

Your friendly, sweet RD

Trent

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Saturday looks pretty nice. Just sayin'.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

You know, since I quit running Monkey it has been Monsoon Monkey, Heat Monkey, Freeze Monkey, and now Thunderstorm Monkey.

The last time I ran Monkey, it was perfect weather.

Sorry!

C-R

You know, since I quit running Monkey it has been Monsoon Monkey, Heat Monkey, Freeze Monkey, and now Thunderstorm Monkey.

The last time I ran Monkey, it was perfect weather.

Sorry!

Thanks a lot Tons and here I was blaming Trent.

Sorry Trent.

No wait.

I BLAME TRENT!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

batch127

Looking forward to doing the Monkey after doing Old Farts this year.  I am quite the glutton for punishment.