Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Question About Yanks - Andrew, Candice, or other Triathletes (Read 236 times)

I put Yanks (the elastic laces) on my running shoes for triathlons and for Sprint distance the shoes seemed fine. However, when I run longer runs it seems like my feet move inside my shoes more although I have the laces fairly tight. Question: Do you run longer runs and races with YANKS in your shoes, or do you put regular laces back in them?

The Thunder

The only pair of shoes I have those in are my Spira Stingers. I only race in those shoes, and I did one 1/2 marathon in them before tri season. So all i've used them for so far are tri's and a couple of 5ks. I wouldn't use them for anything else. If you were training in them, or racing over 5k in them, I'd put the laces back in.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

The Greatest of All Time

I used them during the Ironman and everything else. But if you have problems at longer distances the extra T2 time to tie regular laces will probably be worth it.
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
          I've only used them at sprint distances so far Sad

S&M Collector

I thought this was a thread about northerners. Never mind. I can't contribute. Sorry Tony. MTA: didn't know the work yank, had so many meanings. Wink
            Come across any cool medals lately?
            Mishka-old log

I first used them in tri races only. But they were so comfortable and easy that I started using them in all my running shoes and even for longer runs. I prefer my shoes to be looser, but I never had the sensation that my feet were moving around in them.
                Thanks for the input - I think it may have been from the bodyglide I put in them since I didn't wear socks for the sprint tri. I ran 10 miles in them again and they felt better, so I'll see how they feel as the runs get longer.