Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

It's a race for idiots. (Read 526 times)

Slice

Someone just asked me which race I'm doing on Sunday so I told her. She had never heard of it and asked if it was for some charity. I told her it's a race for idiots. I then had to explain that the course is so hilly that only idiots sign up for it. That was the most honest answer I could think of. I'm not sure if I feel like more of an idiot now or not.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

xor

It is also done for the Friends of Percy Warner Park!  Some of who(m) may or may not be idiots.

Hoodoo Guru

Wait til Sunday afternoon.  Your idiocy will be confirmed at that point.

The tangents are moot.

Mr MattM

Wait til Sunday afternoon.  Your idiocy will be confirmed at that point.

Confirmed.

be curious; not judgmental

Marathon Maniac #957

Possibly two toenails will be a casualty....toenails are stupid anyway...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slice

My chiropractor said he mentioned to another patient who runs marathons that I ran the Monkey. Her response: Only stupid people run that race!

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

BenTN

My chiropractor said he mentioned to another patient who runs marathons that I ran the Monkey. Her response: Only stupid people run that race!

LOL!

I saw Trent Saturday doing a fun little run at Lookout Mountain. THAT was really stupid.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Nice work out there Ben!

BenTN

Nice work to you! WTG on beating your 12 hour goal significantly.

My run turned into more of a hike. No injury, just whipped. I was happy just to finish my first 50 and look forward to next year!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks sir. I love that race and ay run it every year to come...

And yeah, it is a pretty place to hike. Tho moreso before dark.