Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

I feel like I need to be asking more questions since time is drawing nigh... (Read 377 times)

What should I have for breakfast? What should I wear? How many gels should I take and how often? How much water should I drink if it's 35 deg? What about 45 deg? 55? How many miles should I run this week? Should I run the day before the marathon? Should I get a haircut? Should I try to lose weight? Should I compare my race times with the list of participant's racetimes on athlinks...again? Is this a good negative split course? Will the hill at mile 19 be tough? Is it possible to get lapped on this course? What am I not asking that I should ask?

The Thunder

What should I have for breakfast? Anything but Bananas, the monkies will smell it on your breath What should I wear? Anything but yellow tights, don't want the monkies to think that's a banana in your pants How many gels should I take and how often? Lots, just make sure they are vanilla....and not banana flavored. How much water should I drink if it's 35 deg? What about 45 deg? 55? You think water is going to help you? Ha...beer. How many miles should I run this week? Lots, you obviously haven't trained enough. I'm thinking 70. Should I run the day before the marathon? Yes. Duh. Should I get a haircut? No way. Keep it long so the monkies have something to grab onto...and take you away before they get me Should I try to lose weight? This one it tough, you're big and would make a good meal....but be hard to carry away. It's a toss up. Should I compare my race times with the list of participant's racetimes on athlinks...again? Yes. Is this a good negative split course? Ha! Like you'll finish. Will the hill at mile 19 be tough? Will you make it to mile 19? Is it possible to get lapped on this course? Look at the map moron. What am I not asking that I should ask? Is there monkey repellant? NO!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Why is it sideways?

How to spell bananas.

The Thunder

How to spell bananas.
          Ohh I fixed that way before you posted that! Sucker!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Thanks Andrew - I think I'm ready now. Big grin
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Stryped?
              Oh yeah... How long should it take a person like me to run a marathon? How will running a marathon affect my 5k time? Will lasik surgery make me run slower? If my doctor said I have serious heart problems, how will running this marathon affect my heart? How do I keep myself from running the first 5k of the marathon at my 5k pace?
                And let us not forget: How do I fix my heater? What's more important: my daughter or adhering a race chip in time for a 10k? Am I bowlegged?