Land of 10,000 Lakes

hermosaboy (Read 516 times)

I think I ran next to your son a little y'day. a really fantastic effort. wow. please tell him congratulations. - jeff
    And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
    HermosaBoy

Yes you did run with him a bit today at Urban Wildland. A nice 1:16 PR for him over what he ran at Grandma's (which was a 4 minute PR). Not a bad race for you either. Expecially since you were running by yourself. First and second were off on their own (battling). Then you were just running alone.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Yes you did run with him a bit today at Urban Wildland. A nice 1:16 PR for him over what he ran at Grandma's (which was a 4 minute PR). Not a bad race for you either. Expecially since you were running by yourself. First and second were off on their own (battling). Then you were just running alone.
        wow. 5 minute gains in a little over a month! that is amazing and truly inspirational. (and so young Shocked) yeah, i shouldn't have let them get away early. I really didn't think either of them were strong enough, but they were surprising. got back to 30 seconds or so, but by that time it was pointless and kind of shut down. very strange to run by yourself in a race for 7-8 miles.
        And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
        HermosaBoy

very strange to run by yourself in a race for 7-8 miles.
          Welcome to my world -- I seem to do that ALL THE TIME! I got a few pictures from the race --- will post when I get a chance.

Rob

Smile
            HermosaBoy

For some reason, you are blurry in most of the pictures I took -- must have been moving too fast... Here's the battle at the finish:

Rob

great pictures! fully captures the pain of winning. when's you're next race?
                HermosaBoy

great pictures! fully captures the pain of winning. when's you're next race?
                  Got the Ragnar Relay on 8/22 & 8/23. Then the Victory 10k. Although, pretty much everything between now and January is a "train through" race. Goal race is Houston in January -- trying to get to a time like your Boston time... XC starts tomorrow for my kids -- going to make training a bit more of a challenge!

Rob

You guys running this one again Saturday?
                      You guys running this one again Saturday?

I am racing Saturday. Are you?

HermosaBoy

I will be biking around at Urban trying to motivate a teammate that is trying to get a corral time for Chicago.  Running the double at Hennepin-Lake on Sunday.

How has everyone been racing?

Rob

Hey Scovill... good luck Saturday! We'd come out and watch if we weren't in IL this weekend.

You coming to Paavo next weekend or what?

I am racing Saturday. Are you?

Yes I am.  Using it as a marathon pace run, which will give me the same time as last years race. 

I'm more excited that my sister is running the 5k, her first race ever. 

What's the double on Sunday?

HermosaBoy

Yes I am.  Using it as a marathon pace run, which will give me the same time as last years race. 

I'm more excited that my sister is running the 5k, her first race ever. 

What's the double on Sunday?

10k @ 8:15 and 5k @ 9:30...

Rob

HermosaBoy

Nice race Jeff!  Big PR and you still finish 3rd?  Shoulda tripped the speedsters (although looks like you were battling with 2nd).

Rob