Land of 10,000 Lakes

So how are the trails? (Read 133 times)

HCH

Such a quiet forum! 

Has anybody run the Minneapolis trail system the last couple of days?  Has the warm weather made their condition better or worse?

After 3 cold Saturdays in a row, I am hoping to run the lakes tomorrow but I'm worried about the ice.  If the trails are still bad I might have to opt for the treadmill instead.

Only 26.2 miles more to go.

I've been out along the river the last few days.  It's sort of a light layer of slushy snow over the hard packed stuff.  It isn't slippery in a dangerous, hard to keep your balance way, but it's a loose surface that slows the pace / makes you work a little harder.

I have not been to the lakes this week, so I can't confirm anything there.  Some people from my group are running the lakes tonight (not me though).  I'll get an update and post it in the morning.

"I aim to misbehave."

Similar report down in the suburbs of Lakeville ... a lot depends on how much direct sunlight the paths are getting. In some areas, we're clear to the pavement and in other areas, lots of slushy-like snow that is like running in loose sand. But overall mostly packed snow and clear trails.

It's been nice to be able to run outside this week (albeit at a slower pace) after about a week stuck inside on the dreadmill!

HCH

Great news!  I think I will plan to run the lakes tomorrow.  My pace in the winter is always slow anyway because of the snow and all the clothes.  Plus, I just had a baby so I've run very few miles the last few months.

Only 26.2 miles more to go.