Land of 10,000 Lakes

It was a cold race day in Duluth today! (Read 320 times)

Ok, so I did better than my 2nd race but still not as good as my first. LOL It was like 35 degrees, cold, windy and raining. I woke up at 545am and wanted to cry when I heard the rain hitting the windows. I got to the race and tried to warm up, ran into my hottie friend Matt, its his first time running (and I hate him more on that later lol), my landlord & his wife and my old coworkers boyfriend (he was walking it). I think about 1200 people ran/walk it. Anyways, we're all standing around outside freezing our buttcheeks off waiting for the gun to go off and finally at like 9:05 it goes off. I'm at the back of the pack because I am slower than molasses. There was an annoying hill right off the bat and it sucks because I have to run it again at the end. UGH! I talked with a girl that was walking it wearing her 7 month old on her back, he was just too cute. By the bottom of the first hill there rain was done but it was still freezing & windy. I kept a very slow 13min pace but like I said earlier, I'm slow! LOL I was able to pass a few people (couple younger ones & older) at the last mile which made me happy. Wink I seen the huge yellow FINISH gate and started really running fast I was so hoping to make it under 40 minutes but alas, I did not. 40:42 1049 out of 1089 runners 85/89 in my age group 568/597 females So I am pretty dang happy with myself since this time I didn't walk at all, sure I went very slow but I didn't walk. Maybe I could've went a little faster but I just wanted to make sure I could go the whole time without walking. Oh and my friend Matt? The guy has never ran before but signed up with some friends he works with, he kept saying how he'll be lucky to finish under 50 minutes. He finished in 25:59! I told him I'm going to trip him the next race we do together. Wink
    ~Liz, single mama to K, L & C Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit.
      Great job!! You ran the whole thing which you set out to do and did it. Now for your next race you have a time you can beat...it's always fun to compete against yourself! Good job!